+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Weird experience

Weird experience

Hello, I'm new on these forums and I want to be honest. I have little experience with girls. I'm your average male teen.

So I met a girl once at my school, at a distance and I thought she looked cute. Now a couple of months later I've come to collect my report card at school and I saw her sitting there and it blew me away. I finally felt those butterflies in my stomach again. A feeling I haven't had for a long time. So through facebook and all, I finally found here name, I joined her network etc... but haven't had the guts to add her to msn and get to know her, arrange a meeting etc...

But then I told 2 friends about it. But one was rather skeptical about it and told me to be careful because love at first sight isn't real, so neither is what I'm experiencing. Ever since then my butterflies gradually stopped flying. I'm still very interested in her, I still think about her more than any other person in my life but the bang, the fizzle is fading away. Was he right? Or has what he said influenced me psychologically and started some process of denial? In that case, how could this influence be stronger than love? I don't think it is really "lust" either. As I haven't fantasized anything sexual other than kissing and cuddling...

I was so upset about this happening I suddenly became ill yesterday evening and went to bed early, something I would never do. When I woke up I was fine again but I had slept for an unusual long time. I haven't experienced anything like this before?? Can someone shed a little light on this subject? Or am I just weird?

Once you are past the 'fizzles', the 'butterflies', you'll be able to think more clearly instead of letting you lead by your hormones and feelings.

So, my advice: once the 'butterflies' are entirely gone, invite her for a drink or so and go from there.

Your friends were right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Or invite her for a milk or coffee.

Yeah you're right and if it clicks between us, perhaps the butterflies'll come back for another go. I've already experienced the hard way several times that they can cloud your judgment (argh, reminder of past mistakes!). But even though they're fading away, the girl still feels very special to me.

PS: I'm a teenager, I don't like coffee