+ Follow This Topic

Thread: unrequited love

unrequited love

hello all

so ive been friends with this guy for over 5 years now, never met him in real life since he lives so far away from where im at, but that hasnt stopped us from becoming best friends. hes my favorite person in the planet, i feel like i can talk to him about everything and we have so many things in common.

anyways so things had been great for a long time, but then one day while he was on a trip and we hadnt talked for a couple of days, i started thinking of how much i missed him and it just started from there. most days i wasnt even sure of what i felt, its just so confusing falling for ur best friend.

its been happening for about 8 months now, it comes and goes away, this love i feel, but one night i got so sick of not knowing what was goin on that i told him. i cant say i didnt have any hopes, i mean we have such an amazing connection that i thought maybe, just maybe he felt the same way.

his first reaction when i told him was a big what, he made me feel like he had no idea i had feelings for him when i was pretty sure it was somewhat obvious that i did. that night i told him he didnt really say anything, he was just shocked but didnt give me the friends speech or anything, he just didnt say a goddamn thing.

then about 4 days passed and he finally asked me questions about it, like how it had happened and all that stuff, i told him but again he didnt say what he thought of it, he just kept asking more things about it and not telling me what was going thru his head.

thats what brings me to posting here .i feel like hes changed the way he talks to me, the way he is since i told him. hes become a little bit flirty and we just became even closer than ever. it seems like all we ever do is talk, but for the life of me i cant figure out what he wants from me and im way too scared to ask.

so what do you guys think? is he just stringing me on? is he afraid? should i just give up and get over it? why the hell didnt he just give me the friends speech and crushed my hopes so i could move on?

i really need advice since i cant talk to this to my friends in real life, they would just think im crazy, and im miserable right now, most days i feel like i can deal with it, being this close to him without actually being with him, but other days i feel like i just need to break away from that relationship, at least for a while.

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by lostforever22 View Post
    hello all

thats what brings me to posting here .i feel like hes changed the way he talks to me, the way he is since i told him. hes become a little bit flirty and we just became even closer than ever. it seems like all we ever do is talk, but for the life of me i cant figure out what he wants from me and im way too scared to ask.

Do you not like flirting with him?

Are you afraid of being let down? If you are closer, and you like this person, how can it be bad?

i love flirting with him! but obviously im scared about getting my hopes up, i mean if he felt the same way why didnt he just say so when i told him? its just all so confusing.

i mean if he felt the same way why didnt he just say so when i told him? its just all so confusing.
    Guys can be just as insecure as girls. More so, since we are supposed to suck up emotions and act like we don't care.

Does he feel the same way? Not everyone is always on the same level of feelings. It could take time for him to recognize that you like him. And it could take time for him to realize how good you are.

I guess what I am saying, is that love takes time.

I will tell you this, though. Being friends with someone seems to be a good way to start a relationship. You get to know them so much better.

yeah i guess ure right. its just hurting me so much not knowing what's gonna happen next. i just wanna be sure he doesnt feel the same way so i can move on, but i keep getting all these mixed signals, gosh.

yeah i guess ure right. its just hurting me so much not knowing what's gonna happen next. i just wanna be sure he doesnt feel the same way so i can move on, but i keep getting all these mixed signals, gosh.
    Mixed signals can be difficult to deal with. I know.

Hey, I have been in love with someone for months now. I don't sleep, couldn't eat for weeks (lost a lot of weight), have problems where I gag every time I see her (getting an ulcer or something from worrying about her) and all sorts of other stuff.

And that's not the worst of it...

It could be a whole lot worse for you. Trust me.

I say get off the net, no matter how much it clicks online it is NOT the same thing in real life.

Find a local guy in person.

I know it hurts but look what happened when you (ahh the phrase is alluding me now) but when you focused to much on this one guy for 5 years. That's 5 years where you could of met someone else. You knew it wasn't a for sure thing. Don't waste anymore time on it.

Best of luck.

NOW I REMEMBER, Don't put all your eggs in one basket. yeah that's it.
    Last edited by WHUDAFUXUP; 10-07-09 at 04:33 AM. Reason: remembered the phrase

yeah i mean though you guys got years of friendship, for all we know it could've been different people talking to you since you guys haven't really met. but what you should do is find someone near your area.