+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 1 year anniversary post

1 year anniversary post

I know I haven't been around as much due to travelling and general busy-ness, but I realized that it's my one year anniversary here on the forum. (technically yesterday)

A year ago, I had just gotten out of a terrible relationship---a reverse shining knight-type, sort of trying to fix this broken guy. Looking back, I think that one of the reasons I ended up in that relationship was because I was mildly depressed myself and not taking good care of it.

Fast forward to today: No more depressy girl and better yet, I am totally in love. Funny how things can change so drastically in a year.

Ironically enough, the sloth tried calling me a couple of days ago (he calls from calling cards so I can't identify the area code). The minute I heard his voice, I hit delete. I'm not even mildly curious about what he had to say. I don't feel anything towards him, not even anger. I don't even feel I can regret my relationship with him since it lead me to this point in my life. I should probably thank him for being such an ass.

It's also my six month anniversary of dating Y. In NYC terms, this is a long time

I wish I could be more active on the forums 'cause I miss you guys. LF helped me through a rough time last year.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I know I haven't been around as much due to travelling and general busy-ness, but I realized that it's my one year anniversary here on the forum. (technically yesterday)

A year ago, I had just gotten out of a terrible relationship---a reverse shining knight-type, sort of trying to fix this broken guy. Looking back, I think that one of the reasons I ended up in that relationship was because I was mildly depressed myself and not taking good care of it.

Fast forward to today: No more depressy girl and better yet, I am totally in love. Funny how things can change so drastically in a year.

Ironically enough, the sloth tried calling me a couple of days ago (he calls from calling cards so I can't identify the area code). The minute I heard his voice, I hit delete. I'm not even mildly curious about what he had to say. I don't feel anything towards him, not even anger. I don't even feel I can regret my relationship with him since it lead me to this point in my life. I should probably thank him for being such an ass.

It's also my six month anniversary of dating Y. In NYC terms, this is a long time

I wish I could be more active on the forums 'cause I miss you guys. LF helped me through a rough time last year.
    Haha what a coincidence ,today is also my 6th month anniv with my bf

Sometimes You have to be with an asshole to learn how to appreciate a real man Stupid karma but it is like that
    I wazzzz here

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    One year ago, I was just finishing up my travels in Euope. I'd been away 9 months and I was looking forward to coming back and starting back up with Kristen. I was also wondering what the hell I was going to do with my life. That feels like a long time ago.

My love life is shocking at the moment. But otherwise I've got a career that I love, I live on the beach, I go surfing all the time, I great friends. Not to sound too cheesy, but I'm loving life.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you back from Italy?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Starbuck - it's so nice to see you happy! You've definitely come a long way. Good riddance to sloth. I wonder if you've heard from the music man? Is he completely gone now, too?

Chalieboy - what is so shocking about your love life? (curious)

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think CB means he has been having an unusually long dry spell

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    nice, starbie!

for some reason, time flies when you're on this forum ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've been here too long.

Shit, I still considered you a new member.

If you want to get technical I was absent for almost a year from 05-06.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Starbuck - it's so nice to see you happy! You've definitely come a long way. Good riddance to sloth. I wonder if you've heard from the music man? Is he completely gone now, too?
    Thanks, Vash! I do hear from music man from time to time. He sent me a respectful happy birthday email a couple weeks ago. I responded back with a short and sweet thank you. He's a great guy and I sincerely hope he finds someone more suited for him than I was.

Last summer seems like ages ago. But then again, I changed jobs, apartments, and men. I love my life, too. It's never boring, that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Are you back from Italy?
    Yes, I'm back now. I had a beautiful time there. Such a lovely place.

Oh, and I'm meeting up with 'Sombra tomorrow. Yay!

^^oh cool, i so want to meet some people here, have a great time
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    ^^oh cool, i so want to meet some people here, have a great time
    The nearest place to You ....I was planning to go to London this year but I think it won`t work out and in few months my brother is moving to Cracow so bye bye London Oh well maybe someday You decide to visit continental Europe
    I wazzzz here