+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is there a possibility he likes me

Is there a possibility he likes me

Do you think it is possible that a guy could potentially like you/be attracted to you, but not pursue at the moment? I have an interaction with a guy he is the father of my daughter's friend. We have engaged in my daughter going over to their house to play (they are 10) and during these times we have talked and each time we talk, the conversations get longer and longer. They are usually about subject matter involving kids, ex-husbands/wives but even though it is not personal info about us, to me it is personal information he is sharing with me, and me with him. I have given him my input, he has asked for my view on things, he ha shared his beliefs, values etc. so in many ways, when we are in these situations, we talk very well and get along well and seem to play off eachother. If I didn't know better, it would seem like slight flirting. At least that is how I perceive it. Like I said, we stay engaged in conversations for hours and the kids take advantage of it and keep playing. But outside of these visits, like if the girls don't call eachother and make a plan to meet, we don't talk. He doesn't call, and nothing moves any further than I discussed. I can say I know he works alot, he has his own business and I know his 2 other daughters are home for the summer and they are around more. Do you think it is possible to like someone and not do something about it at this point or do you think if a person is attracted to you they would have made a move by now??

yes we are. His daughter told me about a month ago that he broke up with his girlfriend. I have no idea how long he was going out with her. The first conversation I had with him, I didn't realize he had a girlfriend and then a week later the daughter told my daughter her father broke up with the girlfriend. And the daughter's mother and her father divorced in 2006--the same as when I divorced from my daughter's father.

drop more hints

It is totally possible to be attracted to someone and not act on it, sometimes things in our personal lives (mostly children) stop us from acting on our feelings especially if other peoples ( the children) feelings come into it.

I know I would always think twice before starting a relationship with someone because my son is my priority (am I doing myself any favours admitting that?)

Tug is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Why don't you ask the guy out for a cup of coffee? It doesn't sound like he'll say no.

Well I just dropped my daughter off at his house because somehow they contacted eachother and wanted to play today so then I asked the daughter if she would want to go to the movies tonight since that was my original plan with my daughter to begin with. Anyway, when I dropped her off, he was intense on outside work, he was working on a room he is extending but he was nice to talk to as always and I tried to be myself, treat him in my mind like I would treat a friend so he wouldn't catch on that I was actually nervous. Anyway, I did say, "If you would like to go to the movies with us you are more than welcome" and he said he appreciated the invite but he is knee deep in what he is working on. So I did something similar to asking him out for a cup of coffee. I am afraid to go any further or else I will scare him off.

Your question about the recent break-out--it happened about a month ago and the really wierd thing about it is one of our first conversations where I felt the first initial "click" when we talking about everything under the sun for 3 hours, he was still going out with the girl then. So when I found out he had a girlfriend, I thougth it was wierd that he could have talked to me so freely, you know. Anywayss...