+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: He's perfect...except I wish he were richer?

Quote Originally Posted by PinkChampage View Post
    You can believe whatever you want. I make my own money, pay my own rent and pay for my own possessions. I've said that I don't want a millionaire or fancy things, just to be able to give my children a nice life and send them to college without stressing over money. If you're too judgemental to understand this, then I have nothing further to say to you.
    I think what everyone is trying to tell you princess, but nobody really has worded in understandable language is this:

If you're so obsessed with money, then why are you in a relation with someone in the first place? Are you a materialistic person? To me you sure sound like one.

If you’re with a guy who treats you like a princess and you claim he’s perfect, yet doesn’t make enough money, then he isn’t perfect (for you), isn’t he?

What do you want more? Control over life? Fat chance. The US, hence, the entire world is in an economical crisis and it’s not going to get better soon. Be prepared for crappy years and lay-offs.

What the women here are telling you is that any of them would be more than happy to have a guy who makes less and treats them like he’s obviously treating you.

What the men are telling you is that you have totaly unreasonable expectations and most of the self-respecting men would tell you where you can shove it.

Hey, I agree, finances are important. But they are not that important your relation should suffer under it. You want to much princess, which is destructive to. No middle ground there eh?

What does HE want? And what do you think is in the long run more important? A short fast career where you make a lot of money, or a long, stable career where you make a decent amount of money?

A certified way do disaster VS stability.

I suggest you carefully think about that.

If you're aiming for perfection, I'll tell you right away: it's not going to happen. That, princess, is above your human powers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think the amount of money you make question is valid. How much do you make?

I think the question you ask is normal if re-phrased from a different perspective. For example, you could say "I would like my partner to progress in his career now because later it maybe harder". Re focus the emphasis on you caring about the workload of your partner instead of how much he's bringing home and you will most likely find more productive responses.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You can believe whatever you want. I make my own money, pay my own rent and pay for my own possessions. I've said that I don't want a millionaire or fancy things, just to be able to give my children a nice life and send them to college without stressing over money. If you're too judgemental to understand this, then I have nothing further to say to you.
    this is all good and all, but honestly your children will be fine regardless if you are rich or not. one thing people might actually go against being born into a better off family is that the children usually tend to be more spoiled. everything is given to them. i will admit that i probably am a bit more spoiled than my friends, but on the good note, i have learned that i have to work hard if i really want something like respect.

Thanks so much. This is probably one of the most helpful things that anyone has said so far.
    bottom line, everything always looks greener on the other side of the fence. people deal with it in many ways, and i feel that if something bothers you so much that you have to bring it up with a bunch of strangers, you are the only person that can change this. my suggested would simply be a change of scenery.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    If he's not making enough, dump his loser ass.
    Yeah, my dislike for women is justified.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    george... yeah so i didn't really read too much upon you apology thread, but i'm going to guess that you're single??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    75-100K is considered a middle class family income over here.

Depending on how young they are and their respectable fields their income can increase quite a bit through promotions and experience in the company. For example an engineer out of college can make anywhere from 50K-80K, maybe more, maybe less depending on where you start. But depending on the company, how long you are there, promotions you can be seeing 150K+ in a management position. My old man is in a management position as an engineer and he makes a hell of a lot more than that. But he started WAY below that when he first started working with the company.

Really all we've heard so far has been the crap she wants us to hear. She never told us about her job, what she's doing, or what exactly he's doing. Only thing we're getting from her is the fact that she's coming off as a spoiled brat that wants more money.

In this economy, him even having a job is something to be happy about, especially if you two are younger.
    Honey, Engineers are different. Only a small portion of the population can become engineers and they're very conservative and discriminatory in terms of who they hire. Engineers are even worse than bankers you've got a better chance of getting into investment banking than you do of getting a top engineering job.

Most start on 50k and after 3 years will be on 55k, then they hit middle level and might get 75k or so after 7 years they start to become able to apply for 100k a year jobs. But they usually miss out and get caught up in the chain waiting for promotions. After 15 years they're on 120k and after 25 years (if they're still an engineer), maybe more.

Then at every stage of the ladder if you cannot perform they'll basically fire you and you are not an engineer anymore.

Subject to demand it can be a lot better or a lot worse. But generally engineering does not = I am rich.

Keeping in mind only a small percentage of the population earn over 100k and a smaller percentage are engineers, and of that percentage only a smaller percentage will be the ones that start on 50-80k. Of those a handful will get 80k and they are likely in remote areas.

Your chances of getting one of those men is not high. Even with a sweet body an olympic style fellatio skills he will probably have a slight overweight girlfriend from college who he will be marry soon.

And that is counting the ugly ones.

You'll end up as his bitch, kept in the home with no respect and he will expect you to give up work for the children. Honestly, you could do better if you were a little bit more flexible.

Engineers are also horrible intellectual elitists. You'd always be looked down on in conversation and considered ingnorant because you are not an engineer.

You'd always be considered his little piece of ass and nothing more. is that what you want ? If so there are lots of sexist men on over 75k you don't need to find an engineer or even a nice person.

I'll ask cause I'm curious...what does your boyfriend currently DO?

Are you looking for more money right now? Or do you think he should find a new job that will offer him more?

Why does everyone assume that, just because I want him to have a higher income, that I don't have a job? Are you all THAT stupid? There are professional women who expect a successful professional man, you know.

Actually, I do have a job and I am financially independent. I'm currently pursuing a graduate degree and when I finish, my company will increase my salary to match my degree and I will make more than what he currently does. I just wish that he could make a little more.
    The amount of money someone make doesn't tell you how great of a boyfriend, potential husband, or father material he will make. I think you should focus more on someone's potential, rather than their present salary. If he's lazy or uneducated then those are qualities you don't want in a man. But how much he is making right now shouldn't be reason to dump him especially when he is perfect in everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    I don't know where you work but the company I've been interning at during the summer starts off at about 60K for an engineer with a Bachelor. It's at about 8K more for a Masters, not a big difference. They've already asked if I'd be interested in working there once I graduated, and I know a few people in the department that I'm working in that went to the same school who are making that kind of money straight out of college.

As for moving up the ladder, yes it does take time but it also depends on the place you are and the work you're doing.

"Your chances of getting one of those men is not high. Even with a sweet body an olympic style fellatio skills he will probably have a slight overweight girlfriend from college who he will be marry soon.

And that is counting the ugly ones.

You'll end up as his bitch, kept in the home with no respect and he will expect you to give up work for the children. Honestly, you could do better if you were a little bit more flexible."

Completely ignorant. You're one of the few that falls into this category, ha? lol

"Engineers are also horrible intellectual elitists. You'd always be looked down on in conversation and considered ingnorant because you are not an engineer."

This is where many engineers fail at moving up into management positions. They need to be well rounded, and many aren't. They tend to focus mainly on their work and the subjects that pertain to it. Also getting an MBA is pretty much a necessity as well nowadays. I get lectured from my dad on a regular basis about what companies look for in engineers, what to expect and how to get there.

Also I think everyone on this forum knows not to listen to half the crap you write on these forums as they usually pertain to you being a sexist that doesn't understand how to socialize or get a woman. So my guess is, you're an ugly engineer that doesn't know how to socialize and instead blames his problems on women? lol

So trust me honey, I know what I'm talking about.
    Exactly, from 'your school' and your 'daddy' telling you how to get a job. Sometime you need to be from the right creed in order to get into a big company (which you need to do if you want bigger dollars stright away) and a lot of the smaller companies will only recruit people who have been trained at these larger companies.

The salary might also start a little bit higher and for some it will always be superior but this is not the norm. Eventually it does click they find a job and if they're still around by that time they will get big bucks. The norm for an EE with 15 years is over 250k, becoming an EE with knowledge of the specific technologies in demand in a different story as few employers are willing to let you learn on the job.

Often you just end up pidgeon holded in some bureaucracy.

My friend an electronics engineer and the ****ing receptionist earns more than he does right now, after nearly three years experience in the industry.

There is also no job security at all. Everything gets outsourced eventually and engineers are seen as a cost centre. Unless you get into one of the really big companies that treat you well.

You are better off getting into the medical industry and making 45k-85k as some sort of psuedo doctor than you are going into engineering.

There is money there but it is an absolute bitch to get and you are goign to face a shit load of bullshit along the way. When you ask for a payrise the older crowd won't respect your experience and they will laugh at the suggestion generally putting down young people.

If her boyfriend can make 50k well, she should just be happy with that for now provided he is a professional sort of career as that seems to be what she wants.
    Last edited by BoredGeorge; 12-07-09 at 10:53 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Pinkchampage - I didn't read all the posts, but I don't blame you for thinking ahead about money. Despite all the flaming you've received, money is the number one reason people divorce, and I can see not many good reasons to marry someone who is broke.

That being said, I assume you are what? 25-ish? Males in your age range have to start out somewhere, and they end up working their way up - they usually don't start out with high-paying jobs. therefore, you marry with his income *potential* and degree of motivation in mind - not his current salary. You should know whether or not he is okay with just getting by, or whether he is highly motivated to advance... does he PLAN his life, or does he just sit back and let it happen? Is he good with money, or is he in debt? Does he pay his bills on time? Does he save?

I will agree with whomever said $75-100,000 not being all that much. That is the salary of a single, professional person with a decent (though not extravagant) job in the Los Angeles area. You would not be able to support a family on that amount.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Pinkchampage - I didn't read all the posts, but I don't blame you for thinking ahead about money. Despite all the flaming you've received, money is the number one reason people divorce, and I can see not many good reasons to marry someone who is broke.

That being said, I assume you are what? 25-ish? Males in your age range have to start out somewhere, and they end up working their way up - they usually don't start out with high-paying jobs. therefore, you marry with his income *potential* and degree of motivation in mind - not his current salary. You should know whether or not he is okay with just getting by, or whether he is highly motivated to advance... does he PLAN his life, or does he just sit back and let it happen? Is he good with money, or is he in debt? Does he pay his bills on time? Does he save?

I will agree with whomever said $75-100,000 not being all that much. That is the salary of a single, professional person with a decent (though not extravagant) job in the Los Angeles area. You would not be able to support a family on that amount.
    Los Angeles is inflated.

This is exactly the type of woman that you should not marry.

The typical spoiled American that will only spend more the more she gets. Then she will leave you as soon as you can no longer afford her. Not a partner. Not a wife. A whore.

If both are working and one is making 75-100 and the other is making 50 that is a well off family.

RE we're in a savage recession/depression so good luck with 100k not being a lot in your books.

Women with good bodies are just full of bullcrap and their heads, full of spoiled entitled rubbish. If you want 100k a year given to you by a man go shake your thing at a strip club, or smoke pole at a brothel.

OR

Earn your own 100k a year !

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    But George, I thought that women who made more were cunts? LOL.

How's it going with Ms. Prissy Kiss?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    But George, I thought that women who made more were cunts? LOL.

How's it going with Ms. Prissy Kiss?
    Nah not the ones that earn it.

Its more of an attitude thing among some women. They get everything handed to them and just don't understand the value of money. Their expectations also reflect this when they cannot produce the same results themselves. But their easily obtained position which was due to looks makes them think they're worth more than everyone else, and hence they want a partner that they see as good enough based on income they don't deserve.

what is the minimum wage over there? coz quite frankly i don't believe that the standard of living is that high in the US (i lived there). do you get less for your money is that why people get paid more? 75-100 sounds like a very good wage.

but then again what are the extra expenses incurred..health insurance? tax? (your taxes are fckin curazy..that may be why then) rent (is it higher?...doesn't make sense) education?

just wondering do companies offer to pay for ones education over there like they do here?...all these US companies have come into Ireland and paid for peoples education (not that it was expensive to do so..but free education is now being phased out)

it just seems to me that people are getting more and more greedy. ya know what the guy doesn't have to share his wealth so why focus on such things. this thread and vashti your comment makes women look bad
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 12-07-09 at 04:42 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast