+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Young guy, never really been single, how do i go about it?

Young guy, never really been single, how do i go about it?

Well i'm only 20, but ever since i started liking girls i've had a girlfriend. By whole school time was with one girl, and to be honest its not hard to talk to girls at school when you are around them everyday.
    Once school finished i found a girl online, she added me, thought she was cute, still in my teens so it was just sex, but turned out to be more... 2 years more.
    After then i met this my last girlfriend through a carclub (don't laugh). She was going out with one of the guys there, but instantly took a liking to me, after a year, we split up.
    This was a few weeks ago, and i know its not the best idea, but i want to get back into the dating game to take my mind off her. But how do i go about that?

If i go out into town clubbing, do i just ooze confidence and just approach random girls i like? If so what do i say at the start? No cheesy chatup lines i'm guessing.
    Or do i go along the online route? Just flicking through social networking site until i find someone i like the look of then randomly add? Then try go from there?
    Tbh both methods seem really dirty and sleezy, i just don't know how to go about it

I don't know, it's really hard though as i'm quite the indoors kind of person so like spending nights in with people. All my friends like to do the complete opposite.

Also, and with the hope of not sounding sleezy, i also have other needs like most males. And i don't just want to pick up any old trashbucket to fulfill those nights lol

There's some wisdom in the line: if you're not happy all by yourself, you can't be happy in a relation.

What are you trying to compensate for by being with someone?

Loneliness? Feeling unloved? Fear of the dark?

I think you first should question that and then take care of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    There's some wisdom in the line: if you're not happy all by yourself, you can't be happy in a relation.

What are you trying to compensate for by being with someone?

Loneliness? Feeling unloved? Fear of the dark?

I think you first should question that and then take care of it.
    I am happy by myself, i think. Its ok being by myself when i know there is someone with me (as in relationship not literally beside me). But then again it's hard as i'm so used to having someone there.

I am lonely, do feel unloved sometimes. As i don't get the attention some of my other friends do.

The darkness is fine by me

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So, you're insecure.

Take a break and come to terms with that before you continue dating.

Frasbee and 1averagejoe beat me to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yea, ok i admit i am insecure. I've been single for about 6 months of my dating life (7-8 years)

Just find it hard to have fun by myself, as all my mates have other priorities and i'm not richest guy to start a decent hobby

Quote Originally Posted by will2992 View Post
    Yea, ok i admit i am insecure. I've been single for about 6 months of my dating life (7-8 years)

Just find it hard to have fun by myself, as all my mates have other priorities and i'm not richest guy to start a decent hobby
    Well... just a thought... why don't you do some work on the insecurity issues?

It only can benefit you in the long run. Right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]