+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did i screw up?

Did i screw up?

So... im really interested in this girl, and i think she like(d) me to. Not being big headed or anything, but im really good at talking to girls, making them laugh etc... Everytime i saw her out in town she would be infatuated with me i.e. constantly staring at me and laughing at what ever i said, I knew she was doing it and didnt 'ignore' her but kept it cool and didnt act as if i was interested much, even though she had heard i was. Shes a close friend with my friends girlfriend.

Well anyways, i was having a drunken argument one night with a friend and she tried to calm me down so i shouted at her indirectly through her friend like an asshole. I appologised to her via txt a few days after and we were good again, we started txting each other

I went out with a couple of friends a few days later, and got a lil tipsy, tipsy enough to tell this girl how i felt. She had just finished a few weeks before with her boyfriend who was a complete prick to her, so i asked if she was gonna get back with him as i had heard she was, and she said no. I then replied telling her that im crazy about her, and that i dont know where i stand with her. She said she see's me as a great guy and would love to be friends but nothing more and that she doesnt want me to think shes a twat for it, i replied i dont think shes a twat atall, and that im more mature than that, and it was stupid of me to say what i said as we hardly know each other. She didnt reply, and we havnt spoke in about a week.

Now, i feel like i screwed up royaly by rushing things, telling her my feelings when we didnt know each other much. I think im stuck on the 'friends bench' and thats really not what i wanted.

Is there any shred of hope for me? I have no idea what to say to her now.

I think you did the right thing although not in the right way. You shouldn't have said 'im so crazy about you'...It's way too early for that type of talk...If you just said it in a way where it sounds like you're into her and maybe you can start dating...it would have been better. Now your chances are very small. The best thing to do is be her friend and keep seeing other women. If you can't be her friend you have to let it go because you can't force something that isn't there. Good luck!
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings