+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fun with Google Maps

Fun with Google Maps

In a bored moment today, I decided to type in the address of every location where I'd either screwed up with a woman or where a relationship came to an end. Kind of interesting to view the locations from either satellite photos or street level views

Thanks to technology, you can revisit every one of the locations to see "what it looks like now." One place was only 16 minutes from the Acropolis, so I even got to "visit" Greece.

Cool stuff!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    the last time that checked google earth, it was pictured about a year and a half prior to my checking it. anyways, the last time that i used it was back in 07 so it's probably been updated by now.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    In a bored moment today, I decided to type in the address of every location where I'd either screwed up with a woman or where a relationship came to an end. Kind of interesting to view the locations from either satellite photos or street level views

Thanks to technology, you can revisit every one of the locations to see "what it looks like now." One place was only 16 minutes from the Acropolis, so I even got to "visit" Greece.

Cool stuff!
    Google street map is very cool. We saw the truck w/camera driving around town a couple months back.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Its sort of like having the eye of god...being able to watch where, how, and when Cameron ****ed up his former relationships

Only wish I knew where the next location of social disaster will take place. Perhaps I could get a ringside seat and order some popcorn...take in the whole scene of social failure and reply it over and over again. John Madden and Al Michaels could call the action and do an analysis.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, you have interesting forms of self-flagellation. I grant you this.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i usually check out places that i have ever been to.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    i usually check out places that i have ever been to.
    I do too. It was Cam's context that was amusing. I was just teasing him. He knows this.

I think he should *pick* the next location with Google Earth. LOL. How about this one:

[url]http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/map/google_map_Kilimanjaro.htm[/url]

Or this one:

[url]http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&t=h&source=embed&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=102 619285240902382854.00045e073706502b8d938[/url]

Break up at the top, toss her in, and then head to the beach for a nice cool Mai Tai.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Well, you have interesting forms of self-flagellation. I grant you this.
    One can make a delicious stew out of loneliness and regrets

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Delicious stew, Cam? Cow's dinner, more like. Eaten over and over and over... Bleh, Cammy Boy.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Delicious stew, Cam? Cow's dinner, more like. Eaten over and over and over... Bleh, Cammy Boy.
    Peas porridge hot
    Peas porridge cold
    Peas porridge in the pot nine days old

Some like it hot
    Some like it cold
    Some like it in the pot nine days old

Couldn't think of another response, so I relied on a nursery ryhme

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That which was painful in youth is now delicious, Cam? Einstein on solitude.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

You know as well as I that time has stopped for me in my social life.

I went to a party last night--invited by friends, a married couple. My friends had been invited to the party by a single woman in town. When the single woman became aware that I'd been invited by the married couple, I could tell she feared that they might be trying to do a set-up (note: they didn't invite me for that reason; they were just getting me out my shell for an evening). She said, "hello," spoke politely a minute or so, and then we never saw her again for the rest of the party--until the very end when she said, "Nice to meet you--Cameron."

I bring that up just to further illustrate my point--the social side of my life is over. I'm in a different place because I am so separated from the society in which I live. I have memories that will have to suffice for the rest of my life--positive or negative, they are (at least) memories.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Bah, that's by choice Cam.

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative."??

Unless its by choice, in which case Einstein would apply, like I said.

"I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity."

Anyway, methinks you need some of this in the coming months.

[url]http://www.moa.ubc.ca/exhibits/tour.php[/url]
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Sure, in part, it is of my choosing. I can't divorce myself from responsibility.

I think, however, I project seriousness and that frightens the single female who may just want to have fun. If I engage them in discussion, I don't like talking bullshit, so it is a serious discussion, which turns them off. They'd rather talk about their recent mountain climbing experience, their training for a triathalon, or their college honors thesis (written ten years earlier) on the eco-feminist interpretation of multi-grain organic loaves.

It has become an extremely casual society...avoid commitments of all types with the false sense that means that one has their freedom.

I that modern interchange between the sexes is not unlike going to get the pony out of the field after a day of grazing. You can go in with the halter and chase the damned thing around the field. Or, you can go in with a grain bucket and tempt the pony to the corral...all the time, there is no halter on it and it feels as if it is totally free to do as it pleases...when in fact, it has relinquished its freedom.

Also, I have noticed that one does not pursue. If they are interested, then they'll let you know. Showing anything more than a modicum of interest makes them nervous.

I'm a very hard-headed guy. Things are either black or white in my world...no shades of gray. Perhaps that is why I like statistics--either significant or not significant. There's no such thing as "kinda significant." And, I'm fully willing to "go to the mat" on any point of discussion and social implications be damned (friendships smashed, dating possibilities wiped off the map).

So, with all that being said...ke ta lipa.

Women are like cats. They only become intrigued when you ignore them.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast