+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lived with a guy you didn't love?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble_bee View Post
    aren't you a lucky boy then.
    Better than the alternative.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Something this forum's really taught is how much women hate nice guys.... That's kind of good for me because I'm not particularly nice, but I still find it a bit hard to understand. I love nice girls!
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    Better than the alternative.
    absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    Every relationship I've been in we were crazy about each other with pure unadulterated passion for one another until something happened and we split.
    And you find that perfectly normal?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    Something this forum's really taught is how much women hate nice guys.... That's kind of good for me because I'm not particularly nice, but I still find it a bit hard to understand. I love nice girls!
    I'm not sure that "nice" guys and "nice" girls share the same personality traits, but even if they do, those traits are more forgiveable in a girl. Most women want men who are strong, and "nice" on a man usually conveys some degree of neediness.
    Last edited by vashti; 14-07-09 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    And you find that perfectly normal?
    For me yes. Better it be that way than be married with children

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    People stay in relationships, especially LTRs like this one, b/c there is *something* they get out of it. That is all.

If you want this gal for yourself, you need to figure out how to convince her you can give her what she wants better than her current branch(man).

Good luck getting the monkey to jump.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    People stay in relationships, especially LTRs like this one, b/c there is *something* they get out of it. That is all.

If you want this gal for yourself, you need to figure out how to convince her you can give her what she wants better than her current branch(man).

Good luck getting the monkey to jump.
    That is so true. They wont let go of one till they have a firm grasp on the other.

The honest truth is the more I get to know her the more of just a friend she feels. Like I find myself less sexually attracted to her and more concerned as a friend which usually kills the mood.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So there you are. Why bother getting involved in a longterm relationship like theirs? Messy.

Besides, girlfriends come and go, but real friends are much more rare. If she's a good friend, I'd not risk that unless I was VERY such she was a keeper.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I'd also add that most relationships are dysfunctional in some way. People will always complain about something, it doesn't mean that they no longer want to be in the relationship.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    Something this forum's really taught is how much women hate nice guys.... That's kind of good for me because I'm not particularly nice, but I still find it a bit hard to understand.
    Unfortunately I found that there is some truth to this. Nothing stirs up those emotions harder and makes some women more affectionate than cold aggression, insensitivity and plain meanness. I've seen a few "success stories" with women that can be attribute to "My way or the highway" attitude, not taking no for an answer and destroying of the woman's sense of worth. Where as the opposite was true when someone increased their sense of worth, instead of being thankful they'd suddenly feel deserving of more and become confrontational and disgusting.

I found that perhaps on some subconscious level some women have a need to feel violated, victimized and unaccountable. Use their partner as a scapegoat for any whimsical bad mood or unappreciation by something or someone. Thank God not all of them are like that.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Just curious, but does she know you like her or are you one of those silent stalker type guys? If you haven't, grow a set and slyly ask her "How come we never went out?" This kinda throws it back on her because it not really asking her out but you will know what she thinks.. All she could tell ya is I don't know, or the usual line, "I don't think of you like that." There are alot of humorous comebacks to that line too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Thank God not all of them are like that.
    No just most

Just curious, but does she know you like her or are you one of those silent stalker type guys? If you haven't, grow a set and slyly ask her "How come we never went out?" This kinda throws it back on her because it not really asking her out but you will know what she thinks.. All she could tell ya is I don't know, or the usual line, "I don't think of you like that." There are alot of humorous comebacks to that line too.
    No actually I am the spontaneous and direct type. I don't ask a girl out I just get them to go and they have a great time. Never had any trouble approaching women. I haven't made a move because as I get older my conscience catches up with me with the fact she has a BF.

All of the quintessential 'nice' guys I know are pushovers. Saying he's a nice guy is kinder than saying he's a wuss.

That doesn't mean the rest of the guys out there aren't nice. It just means they're not panty-waists.

I always think it's a bit off that the implied assumption is that if one is not a nice guy, then he must be an egomaniacal, arrogant ass.

Go for it, you generous, kind asshole. Quit being a weasel and tell her you want her for yourself.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast