+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who said it wasn't possible?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Wow, that's very ungenerous of you. It is very possible that at that age, their husbands have kicked the bucket already, or they simply want to have a drink.

Do you really think women that age are still on the hunt for a man? I mean, I suppose there are some, but I haven't really come across any. And why are you so bitter about women who choose not to be tied down? For every woman that wants her freedom, there are probably 5 that don't.
    Because the ones I talked to were looking for a man. And let me tell you, being hit on by and elderly woman is just plain disgusting (Shrugs).

I've seen how it works. I know divorced women with kids who regret ever leaving their partner. They were continually, day after day peer pressured by other "empowered women" to seek passion elsewhere since the "flame died down". They'd now rather strangle those advisers. Say what you like about the annoyance of being with someone when passion has gone, it's nothing compared to raising kids single handedly. From examples I've seen this new found choice (although is right in some cases) also encourages single mumdom and poverty, some people realize it too late.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I was born in Europe and didn't come to Canada until 14 or 15, i'm 28 now...It was so different because i remember how hard couples worked over there...There was arguments and stuff just like any other couple but there was so much happiness too...In my family nobody had this life with so much $$$ but men found ways of providing and they would do anything for their family. I notice since we came here all i hear (even in my family now) i need my freedom...i need my money...i need this and that...funny how things change with some people..
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I rather doubt that at the age of 60, they are still raising children, but nice try, mish.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u View Post
    I was born in Europe and didn't come to Canada until 14 or 15, i'm 28 now...It was so different because i remember how hard couples worked over there...There was arguments and stuff just like any other couple but there was so much happiness too...In my family nobody had this life with so much $$$ but men found ways of providing and they would do anything for their family. I notice since we came here all i hear (even in my family now) i need my freedom...i need my money...i need this and that...funny how things change with some people..
    To be honest, I do think that women entering the workforce (and making significant money) and farming their kids out to daycare has rendered men unnecessary to some extent. This is why I believe more traditional marriages seem to last longer, although of course I have no evidence to back up this observation, and of course, a very large number of men are unable to provide for the expense of a traditional marriage...
    Last edited by vashti; 15-07-09 at 07:57 AM.

you know i have come to the conclusion....and don't hit me or hate me....but i reckon majority of people enjoy being controlled. women especially eek! seriously tho i do think women realise how easy it used to be and now they are out there competing in a harsh environment with men while their kids are being looked after by strangers when they would (in end) admit they would prefer to be raising them. i think if women can find a compromise like working partime that it is the better choice-some do but some don't for the sake of making money and feeling in control but then regretting the control. i know that sounds mish mashey but i reckon most people enjoy having decisions made for them
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    you know i have come to the conclusion....and don't hit me or hate me....but i reckon majority of people enjoy being controlled. women especially eek! seriously tho i do think women realise how easy it used to be and now they are out there competing in a harsh environment with men while their kids are being looked after by strangers when they would (in end) admit they would prefer to be rraising them. i think if women can fins a compromise like working partime that it is the better choice-some do but some don't for the sake of making money and feeling in control but then regretting the control. i know that sounds mish mashey but i reckon most people enjoy having decisions made for them
    To not make decisions is to not be responsible for the outcome when it is bad, so I guess to some extent, you are right, though I don't like it being phrased as "liking to be controlled". Also, nowadays you'd be hard-pressed to find a man that values traditional marital arrangements. Most younger guys EXPECT their wives to work and bring in an equal amount of money, not to mention taking on all the traditionally "female" roles in the household, which are more numerous than a males.

I agree with most everything else you said, except that staying home and raising kids is (IMO) harder than working outside the home, and I've done both.
    Last edited by vashti; 15-07-09 at 08:09 AM.

I rather doubt that at the age of 60, they are still raising children, but nice try, mish.
    40 years olds, 50, 60, 70. I see them all seat by themselves in the pubs. Trying desperately to attract people and then go home empty handed probably thinking of shooting them selves.

Yup, that's the fun life of middle aged empowered divorced single women.
    Last edited by Mish; 15-07-09 at 08:09 AM.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    40 years olds, 50, 60, 70. I see them all seat by themselves in the pubs. Trying desperately to attract people and then go home empty handed probably thinking of shooting them selves.

Yup, that's the fun life of middle aged empowered divorced single women.
    Your bitter insecurity is showing.

Your bitter insecurity is showing.
    That's okay because your bitter insecurity will always be bigger than mine
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What have I got to be insecure about? I'm already married! LOL

Yeah i wouldn't go so far to say these women are so miserable they want to kill themselves...Hell maybe they are very rich, have the money to buy anything they desire...so who needs a man? but...it's probably about more then that
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I honestly don't see women beyond maybe their 40s sitting in bars in the states. It must be an Aussie thing...

Yeah same here...over 40, a little rare..but..i see a lot over 40 on dating sites...With bad hip and all, hard to get to that bar!

I honestly don't see women beyond maybe their 40s sitting in bars in the states. It must be an Aussie thing...

staying home and raising kids is (IMO) harder than working outside the home, and I've done both.
    lol i swear i deffo have to agree with you, i just babysat for the first time in my life and it was grand up until the last 1/2 hour...for the life of me i could NOT figure out why the baby was crying..nappy was fine, he was fed..?!!!!!!!lol i couldn't imagine what it would be like with a fleet of kids and full time holy jaysus!
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 15-07-09 at 08:26 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    lol i swear i deffo have to agree with you, i just babysat for the first time in my life and it was grand up until the last 1/2 hour...for the life of me i could NOT figure out why the baby was crying..nappy was fine, he was fed..?!!!!!!!lol i couldn't imagine what it would be like with a fleet of kids and full time holy jaysus!
    Hah! My husband tried it for a week when mine were little. He was SOOO happy to go back to work, and my kids told me he yelled the whole time I was gone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast