+ Follow This Topic

Thread: At a loss here

At a loss here

Hello everyone,

I'm a quite lost here and I could really use some advice. I just had a horrible fight.

This was my 1 year anniversary with my girlfriend so I thought i'd surprise her with a new phone shes wanted for a while now. So I buy her a brand new phone but it gets here damaged with some dents and scratches, since I had no time to return it I did my best to replace the damaged parts. I gave it to her on Thursday and she noticed a tiny scratch, told me I got screwed since I payed for a new phone but insisted on keeping it nonetheless. I could tell she was really disappointed.

I offered to get her a new one or anything she wanted, she refused. She said the phone was flawed like me and she loved me in spite of them...

Friday I buy her very nice bouquet of flowers and have them delivered to her house. At night I took her out to a very nice restaurant and she was thrilled about everything, we had an amazing day.

Saturday shes very indifferent all morning and then asks me to go to lunch with some of her friends. She jokingly says I should per her part of the bill (included some food for her boss) I laughed and said no. She then goes on to describe all men as idiots to her friend who disagrees. At night she calls me up telling me how much she loves me.

The next day is the same story all over again. She give me back the cell phone telling me to return it and that shes getting a new one from her father. Shes very indifferent again so I act the same (Not the most mature thing to do I know).
    She tells me I have an attitude problem and asks me to drive her home.

We haven't talked since. We usually get along great, rarely fight and have lots of fun together. We are (or were) engaged to be married in about a year... any advice?

leave that crazy b!tch dude

Talk to her about these issues and let her know how it makes you feel.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    enjoy the peace and quiet.

There is 2 ways in which you can go here.

1. Sit down and have a grown up talk to her face to face. Let her know how you feel and what you are thinking and also let her get her point across. There could be something that has happend which has made her act like this but she has not opened up about it or is scared about it.

Option 2: Have some time and space apart. It seems like you have been spending a lot of time together/maybe too much time. Do not have any time with her or communicate with her for a week. Spend this time with your friends, do the things that you want to do. Also during this time think about how you feel and what you really want.

Then at the end of this weeks space, call her up and arrange for something great and fun to do together. Something you will both enjoy.

It sounds to me like she is being selfish and imature. You do not have a go at someone for buying a nice present and dont inist on them paying for lunch.