+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody have any tips for meeting a girls family?

Anybody have any tips for meeting a girls family?

Something that has always made me extremely nervous. Talking to girls has never been a problem for me, hell even talking to the friends of the girl you want or are with hasn't been a big issue for me. However, whenever I have to meet a girls family (parents especially) it's always an issue for me and something I stress about. Anybody have any tips they can give me?
    Be careful with your heart, because when someone seems too good to be true, they usually are.

Be polite and listen to what they have to say. Don`t try too hard to impress and try to engage in interesting conversations...everything else will take care of itself!
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

agree with asip4u...don't be nervous just relax.. it must be you're first time to meet a girl's parent that you want..

Make sure you dress appropriately! That is always my parent's big thing with guys.

well don't be too relaxed. repect them by calling them by their surname mr and mrs smith etc, dress nicely and don't make an effort to fill silences, let them ask you and then you can expand. don't tell them any stories...i had a guy once tell my parents he got 'bottled over' meaning he got hit on the head with a glass bottle...pfft you can imagine what my parents immediately thought of him. he was never a potential anyway and they were so relieved lol
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't touch her. Period. Not by accident, and certainly not on purpose. After you date her for maybe 6 months, you might be okay holding her hand (briefly). Nothing more unless you marry her.

Trust me on this - I have a daughter.

Also, don't sound like a dumb-ass. Use standardized English when you speak. No swearing. Let them know you have plans for your future that extend beyong sitting on the couch playing video games.

If you have a sister, figure out a way to mention how much you love her and are protective of her. It will help them to trust you if they see that you understand that girls are vulnerable.

Also, don't complain about your parents. They will want to know their daughter is dating someone who comes from a stable, normal family.

Look them in the eye when they speak to you, and answer their questions directly. If you are shy, fake some confidence. If you won't speak to them, they will assume you are hiding something.

Wait a minute, are you saying don't touch her in front of her parents for 6 months? Or don't touch her at all for 6 months?
    Be careful with your heart, because when someone seems too good to be true, they usually are.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't touch her in front of her parents. What she allows privately is between the two of you unless you are over 18, and she is under.

Oh I see what you mean... But isn't 6 months kind of excessive? Especially if you're talking about within 6 months of meeting them rather than only 6 months of dating her. Because lets say you've been dating for 3-4 months prior to meeting them. Then you meet them for a 2nd time 3 months down the road. So, you've been dating for about 6-7 months but it's only 3 months since they've seen you with her. I think that rule is ok for kissing or fondling, but I don't think a person should necessarily have to wait that long for lets say hand holding or putting your arm around her in front of her parents.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No. Keep your hands to yourself. What YOU think about this is NOT what they will think, and neither will you once you have a daughter of your own.

try not to kill any of the family pets.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Just be yourself. If they can't accept you for whom you are... to bad for them.

Pretending to be something you aren't is only going to backfire, no matter how well meanth it is.

And hence... they're gona have to get used to their 'little girl' being grown up and pampered by some guy. So don't be afraid to show affection. It's not your problem if they are 'over protective'.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How do you know she is grown up?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    How do you know she is grown up?
    If she's old enough to date and her father hasn't killed him yet with his shotgun, they're ok.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Bullshit.

And I no longer believe you have daughters unless they look like that picture of DM's ass in the gallery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast