+ Follow This Topic
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: The God Illusion?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eco, you aren't even close to my IQ or ability, so whatever.

Go back and answer OV, he asked you a legitimate question.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

ok indi keep on diverting, i understand hon
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    i understand hon
    Do you have a learning disability, Eco? It would explain a lot. Not just this thread, other recent threads people were having to point things out multiple times. Remarkable there are ppl like you who are so oblivious to the world. Maybe its a blessing to live in a self-made fuzzy world. LOL.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

lol oh dear you just described yourself but not just lately, it's a constant oblivion state with yourself. If you want you could address that to further your learning as I suggested earlier. Your lower EQ actually validates your state. Outright denial doesn’t bode well for any discussion.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 29-07-09 at 03:57 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Charlie Boy is right. You are an idiot, Eco. No wonder he won't respond to your posts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Without reading the rest of this thread, I might be repeating what someone else has already said. But here goes:

God doesn't exist because there's no proof that he exists.

But can you prove he doesn't exist?

This is an incredibly fallacious argument because now I can pretty much say anything that you can't disprove and claim it to be true. For instance, I can say aliens inhabit Mars in a secret underground world. I can say ghosts exist and they watch our every waking move but leave behind no trace of physical existence. I can say real life doesn't exist but we're all a part of The Matrix.

Essentially, the logic that you said you're looking for goes like this:

1. There's no proof that God exists, therefore he doesn't exist
    2. Wanting to believe that he exists does not make him real

I know that for a lot of people, they just want something to believe in. In our darkest hour, when we feel lost, lonely, or hopeless, we all want to believe that things can get better, that tomorrow will be a better day, or that someone/something will guide us to a brighter path. But the reality of the situation, as unappealing as it may be, is that God most likely doesn't exist. If it makes you feel better to believe that God does exist, then that's your prerogative.

But to answer your question objectively: God almost certainly, does not exist.

And for all those who are about to tell me that I'm going to hell: Do you know what it's called when you use scare tactics to enforce beliefs? Terrorism.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617