+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eye make-up / Irritation

It's not the make up, it's the jizz from last night.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have had problems with Lancome eye pencils. FYI. That's the brand I use and I replace them at least annually and I am anal about sharpening them and cleaning it w/alcohol.

TBH, I don't wear eye makeup often tho.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    Ha you say it like I'm dark skinned or just brown skinned. I'm white! LOL! When I dont go out I am paaaaaallllleeeeeeee. So it is a problem for me as well. I turn red for every little touch and I get blue-ish when I am sick. So I'm unlucky.
    You have beautiful caramel-colored skin. *I* am white. I have freckles on my arms. The only way I will ever have anything close to the color of your skin is if my freckles all grow together. Plus, I get sunburned.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    BTW - I genuinely think that men who claim to not like makeup have been overly exposed to women who don't know how to apply it. I've only seen one female who looks better without mascara than with - and that is my daughter whose eyelashes are ridiculously long. When she wears mascara, she looks like she has camel eyes. haha
    I genuinely think that women who think they need make up, moderately or otherwise applied, aren't happy with they way they look naturaly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I genuinely think that women who think they need make up, moderately or otherwise applied, aren't happy with they way they look naturaly.
    I had a rabbi once say that either extreme is potentially unhealthy.

To deny that women like to look pretty by doing such trivial things as putting on a bit of makeup now and then (which is meant to enhance their appearance, not change it) is to deny their femininity in an attempt to deflect male attention. They are afraid of their sexuality.

On the other hand, being so attached to your makeup that you can't be seen without it is pathetic.

Luckily for me, I fit somewhere in the middle.

Without wanting to sound like I am flaming or so:

I had a rabbi once say that either extreme is potentially unhealthy.

To deny that women like to look pretty by doing such trivial things as putting on a bit of makeup now and then (which is meant to enhance their appearance, not change it) is to deny their femininity in an attempt to deflect male attention. They are afraid of their sexuality.
    I couldn't care less what a rabbi thinks. Seriously. He's not wearing makeup for starters.

(which is meant to enhance their appearance, not change it)
    to enhance:

1: obsolete : raise
    2: heighten, increase ; especially : to increase or improve in value, quality, desirability, or attractiveness <enhanced the room with crown molding>

In a way you just confirmed my earlier post.

FYI enhancing something is changing it, no matter how you word it, aka: make it look better than it really is.

In my opinion, makeup is a cheap way to mentaly increase your self value, confidence and self worth.

It indicates to me that the person wearing the makeup has self esteem or confidence issues and is not very happy with their natural looks or is being influenced by media and peers, which again shows low self worth and lack of individuality and confidence.

That's just my opinion of course, nothing personal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I hope this quote I found is right:

“And when Jehu was come to Jezreel, Jezebel heard of it; and she painted her face, and tired her head, and looked out at a window.”

Hitler supposedly once said that 'women of the master race' didn't need to paint their faces.

Its just a way for women to look biologically fit. Good skin, rosy cheeks = healthy = able to attract a mate & have babies.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Its just a way for women to look biologically fit. Good skin, rosy cheeks = healthy = able to attract a mate & have babies.
    Question: what's wrong with living healthy and exercising, instead of hiding a unhealthy lifestyle with makeup?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There's a lot of damn ugly people out there Ygg.

And there is the media examples for all those young girls to compare themselves to.

Like I said, I don't usually wear makeup. But if I didn't colour my hair it would be white as snow. So, there is vanity too Ygg. I'm a reasonable looking gal, I don't see a problem highlighting it for a night out with a bit of extra colour & my hair updone.

Do you wear cologne, or aftershave Ygg? Same thing.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I couldn't care less what a rabbi thinks. Seriously. He's not wearing makeup for starters.
    How unegalitarian of you. This particular rabbi is female. What century are you from?

And why would I take personally anything you write? For me to take it personally, I would have to think it somehow applied, which I don't. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Do you wear cologne, or aftershave Ygg? Same thing.
    I don't use cologne. I use aftershave to prevent my skin from being infected after shaving, not to smell good. The aftershave I use is alcohol based and has barely any smell to it. After a few minutes you can't even smell it anymore. My hair is starting to go grey and I like it just the way it is.

I guess I am just very comfortable with myself.

I'm not posting my opinions here to bash on people btw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

How unegalitarian of you. This particular rabbi is female. What century are you from?
    I've already clearly expressed my opinions on religion and I will not go any deeper into that one and the bullshit attached to it.

Unlike some, I don't hide my total lack of interest in anything even vaguely related to organized religion.

As when it comes to egalitarianism, you have shown in more than one post you're very unegalitarian yourself vashti (let's talk about councelors.. shall we?).

Remember when you point your finger at someone, there's 3 fingers pointing at you. Maybe your rabbi should have told you that instead of giving makup tips.

So maybe, instead of trying to be politicaly correct, we should attempt to be a bit more meritocratic.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; 16-07-09 at 04:07 PM. Reason: typo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ygg, why are you insisting on continually posting in a thread about makeup? What do you know about makeup, other than you don't like it?

And what does any of this have to do with my disdain for dependence on counselors to get through normal, day to day life?

For the record, your context about what my rabbi said is all wrong. There is no need to jump on the anti-religion bandwagon - I simply cited her statement as an interesting, alternative point of view.

On the contrary, I agree with Ygg. I also think it's a very typical opinion you will find in men; all my friends feel the same way, people I chit chat in bars with tell me the same thing.

In any case it really doesn't matter; women put the pressure on themselves.

Ygg, why are you insisting on continually posting in a thread about makeup? What do you know about makeup, other than you don't like it?

And what does any of this have to do with my disdain for dependence on counselors to get through normal, day to day life?

For the record, your context about what my rabbi said is all wrong. There is no need to jump on the anti-religion bandwagon - I simply cited her statement as an interesting, alternative point of view.
    You're not reading what I am saying vashti.. but then again.. I'm getting used to that
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; 16-07-09 at 09:35 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast