+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Working with women...ugh!

I dunno... I frequently work with women. Usualy there's no problems there.

The women I work with are about just as good or just as nasty as the guys I work with.

I guess it all depends on their personality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I can't stand it when *anybody* complains about their job. Unless their scraping horse shit off cobblestone streets or have a similar shit job, I really don't feel for them.
    Until you've walked in someone else's shoes.....I'm not saying that I'm not grateful for a job in this hard pressed economy which makes it even more unbearable too, knowing that you have to put up with the crap until something better comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by BoredGeorge View Post
    Women should just stay at home and use their vaginas to make babies.
    OH HELL NO!!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    George has been spending a lot of time on menarebetterthanwomen.com.

Boy, oh boy, when I started working at my office I was the youngest (22) amongst a sea of menopausal women. I used to wonder all of the time what the hell I'd gotten myself into, but the pay was good and the location was unbeatable.

Thankfully, we have since hired younger employees and more men. My two closest co-workers are my age and male. It's definitely nice (they're married so it's not like that).

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    I'm pretty massively outnumbered at work. In a way it's an ego boost, because I'm pretty much the only younger male option there.

The kind of annoying thing is the constant critiquing of my appearance. Every day I get a couple of comments about whether they like my hair for that day or my shirt or my tie. As if I rock wildly different styles from day-to-day! I wear the same bloody thing every day! A suit and tie! And my hair is a standard male haircut which is also the same, day-to-day. F-ck!

But I'm not knocking women at work. The ones I work with have taught me an incredible amount about the law, and I learn from them every day. One in particular has become a mentor, and I've got a lot of respect for her ability. They do seem to piss each other off a lot though.
    If they are commenting.critiquing on your appearance or attire, you should file a sexual harassment complaint. Being flattered by the attention is, unfortunately, a typical male response to female harassment in the workplace.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^^^^ give me a break.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

It depends on the kind of work you are doing. Certain jobs attract certain personalities. Some girls are fine to work with, as long as they aren't addicted to drama.

If you are able to maintain a "work" personality and not talk about your co-workers and get them to respect you, you have less to worry about. If you don't give women something to hate you over, it makes it harder for them. You gotta rise above the bullshit and own yourself. This characteristic is why men naturally get along better than women.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

I would totally harass Charlie Boy. That would be fun.
    Spammer Spanker

Working with women is agonizing and painful to every part of your physical and mental self. Nothing EVER satisfies us. It's so damn annoying. I like working with men because they are straight shooters: "Yes," "No," "Take this here and do this, period," etc. Nothing like women with our "Maybe" or "Hmm, do this but if not do that" bullshit.
    I'm my own damn hero because the only person saving me is me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I feel sorry for you all. I work on a floor with a lot of fantastic women. Out of maybe 30 people who work days on my floor, there is only one I actively dislike, and maybe a few that I am neutral about. The rest of the day staff are pretty fantastic. I don't think I'd get better odds if the floor were full of men. Nurses are clearly superior people.

Seriously - I don't understand how so many people have time to get involved in office drama. Thankfully, I am too busy.
    Last edited by vashti; 21-07-09 at 12:03 PM.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I would totally harass Charlie Boy. That would be fun.
    haha, there is one girl who maybe has crossed the line a few times. She's always touching me. She is a complete man-eater, even though she's married. She tried to kiss me at the christmas party.

She had this really annoying habit of coming up behind me and jabbing me in the ribs every time she went passed. I f-cking hated that. I eventually had to have a talk to her about it, as ridiculous as that sounds. I had to be like, "Listen, Stacey, I don't like you poking me in the ribs. I don't want you to do it anymore."

And I'm not trying to make myself out to be a stud either. I'm just about all there is for males under 35 at work.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollerderby View Post
    It depends on the kind of work you are doing. Certain jobs attract certain personalities. Some girls are fine to work with, as long as they aren't addicted to drama.

If you are able to maintain a "work" personality and not talk about your co-workers and get them to respect you, you have less to worry about. If you don't give women something to hate you over, it makes it harder for them. You gotta rise above the bullshit and own yourself. This characteristic is why men naturally get along better than women.
    I find I usually get along better with men than with women. Women suck ass because they have a built in need for drama.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Nurses are clearly superior people.
    You might have a point there. My drama queen boss, for example, would never have made the grade as a nurse. The kind of women who cause trouble aren't usually drawn to such a difficult job.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    haha, there is one girl who maybe has crossed the line a few times. She's always touching me. She is a complete man-eater, even though she's married. She tried to kiss me at the christmas party.

She had this really annoying habit of coming up behind me and jabbing me in the ribs every time she went passed. I f-cking hated that. I eventually had to have a talk to her about it, as ridiculous as that sounds. I had to be like, "Listen, Stacey, I don't like you poking me in the ribs. I don't want you to do it anymore."

And I'm not trying to make myself out to be a stud either. I'm just about all there is for males under 35 at work.
    She's a freakin' amateur. I'd make you do the dishes and have nicknames for you that would be so amusing, all the ladies would use them. Heh heh.

Oh, and I call bullshit on the "I am not a stud" thing. You're ridiculously good-looking and you know it. Don't be modest.
    Spammer Spanker

For instance my supervisor NEEDS to get laid or something. That bitch is as frigid as they come.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast