+ Follow This Topic

Thread: True Love: Will it last forever? "if it's not broken, don't fix it"?

True Love: Will it last forever? "if it's not broken, don't fix it"?

Hey there. I'm pretty new to the forum and I just wanted a couple of opinions from random people [no offense].

I've been with an amazing girl for the past year and a half. Things started off AMAZING. But along the way, things got real rocky. We went on and off for a lengthy bit of time. I am going to be honest. It was all my fault. I was being an immature punk. But luckily, she always took me back. I've always known that she was the one, but something about my mentality back that just held me back from knowing that. Though, I've grown up over the last few months and damnit, this feels amazing. It is just like how it was before things got rocky.

Well, our relationship isn't exactly the best in the world [we have a lot of history, but we battled through it to get to this point], but to me...it's the best thing in my life. She loves me with all her heart and damnit, I feel the same way, if not MORE [We constantly battle back and forth!]. She treats me a way that I have never been treated before. Like, she will do anything for me...and I will do anything for her. Our love is ridiculous. I never knew love was something so beautiful.

We know that without each other, we both feel incomplete. We hang out around 3-5 times a week. We talk on the phone every night, an hour at the least! We find it amazing that over the course of the year and a half...the things we been through, that we have yet to get tired of each other.

We both KNOW that we are meant for each other. I freakin' love her with everything I got and I just never ever want to be without her again. Luckily, she feels the same way.

I wasn't lucky to meet her...I was blessed.

I just want to ask you guys one thing. Should I use the "if it's not broken, don't fix it" mentality?

Is there anything I can do to make the relationship even stronger? Is it even possible?

Any words of advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. =]

your completly right, if its not broken dont fix it, try to relax and enjoy it. its a great thing, and though u cant wait for the future just have fun as you go. Rocky bits are what makes it real, and the long term relationships and happy ones are ones where people work together to fix it and carry on. suceed with everything, it sounds pretty amazing to me.