+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Pushing away a girl.

Pushing away a girl.

Right so I went out with a girl the other day (first time with this girl) and it was good...she said she wants to go out another time so that is good.

Trouble is since then I got rather infatuated and texted her a lot with no responses, but really this does not shock me as I've definitely been acting very clingy.

I do like her though so where should I go from here? I was guessing backing off and not talking to her almost immediately after she logs onto MSN. I'm also not going anywhere near her name in my phones address book because the texts were too much.

The plan is/was for her to come over here next week for the day, as of yesterday when I asked she didn't say no or anything but I definitely annoyed her with the texts and stuff but I don't think I've ****** it up just yet.

What do you reckon? Thing is I'm usually quite a distant person but at first I get pretty infatuated and worry that if I don't act fast she's going to find someone better. It's just a stupid mind set to have. She ticks all the boxes for me and the first day out went really well, I just need to get over acting so into it already...after all we've only been out once but I'm getting WAY ahead of myself.

Have any girls been on the other end of this? Or guys in a similar position? I just feel dumb for not realizing all this yesterday or the day before, luckily I haven't been told to **** off or anything just yet, just hope I have time to turn it around.

Hi There! I've been on the other end of things, and since I am not a guy, this whole distant thing does not apply the other way around. You don't have to worry. I like it when you are sincere and real with me - if you do like me, or act infatuated, I feel flattered. A girl likes an attention, flowers, texts, and any other courting techniques. We women love it. No need to distance yourself because if you do, I will get the message that you are not that into me. And I will consider my options.

So I would just let loose for now and let her now your feelings. Texting and phoning are fine, just don't be stalking her friends/family and I think you'll be allright!