+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dumped by my boyfriend who simply said "I want to be alone"...

Dumped by my boyfriend who simply said "I want to be alone"...

Hi

I am new here & needed to ask people's advice on my current situation because i am so confused!

Here goes....Me & my now ex boyfriend have had an on off relationship for just over 2yrs. When we first got together things were great, then a few months later he decided he didn't want a relationship, we broke up, then a few weeks later got back together because he missed me etc!
    This recently happened again just before xmas, but we got back together & things seemed great to me! I get on really well with his Mom who recently lost her husband (my now ex's Dad) & his brother. So his family all really like me. My ex used to always tell me that he liked me, he only ever told me once that he loved me.
    He went on a lads holiday recently & since then he was off with me, saying he didn't know if he wanted to be with anyone.
    Then 2 weeks ago he dumped me, saying he wanted to be single & alone, there was no-one else, he just liked his own space.
    He is in his late 20's so it's not like he's a young lad wanting to go out & have a good time! All his mates are settled with gf's so why would he want to give that up?
    When we have split up before he has always come back, wanting to get back with me, but he seems different this time! He's sending nasty texts & telling me to leave him alone.
    I am hurting inside, as i did really love him. What does it mean when they say they just want to be alone? What hadn't i got?
    I want him to come back, but then i think...when's he going to do it again.

When a person wants you one minute and not the next, it usually never works out for the long run...I've had many friends who were in relationships like that and in the end they all went their separate ways. Have you explained to him that you want somebody more stable and since he's in his late 20's you thought he would be more serious about settling down...i would make that clear to him and if his choice is still to be alone..then you need to move on and find a guy that's right for you.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Date someone else. Pretty soon you'll realize this guy wasn't right for you anyway.

Stop texting him. Stop calling. It's time for the tried and true solution: No Contact.
    Spammer Spanker

Sounds like he had enough of the on and off relationship.

You are setting yourself up for another breakup waiting to happen. Who needs this emotional rollercoaster! Forget him! There are so many good guys out there, and you are stuck with this guy who doesn't even know what he wants. Obviously he has some issues he needs to work out, and they might have NOTHING to do with you. You should leave him alone and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess_Pink View Post
    When we have split up before he has always come back, wanting to get back with me, but he seems different this time! He's sending nasty texts & telling me to leave him alone. What does it mean when they say they just want to be alone? What hadn't i got?
    Are you LISTENING to what he's saying? He says he wants to be left alone.

What's so hard to understand about that? It's not what you want? Well.. reality check, this isn't about what you want.

Why don't you leave him alone and move on?

As to why he's doing that? I don't have a clue. I can't read his mind. Maybe he even doesn't know himself. You'll have to take what he says word value.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Contacting him all the time makes you seem desperate. Stop it.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh