+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alternative lifestyle anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by little pingoin View Post
    Nope. Don’t need validation. Just because every day offers opportunities to learn why I do the things I do, feel the things I feel, and live my life the way I do doesn’t mean I’m not comfortable with who I am. By nature, I’m curious. I love the world around me. I love to explore it, to test it and to understand it.

As stated above, I hadn’t intended for this to turn into a discussion about me. I offered some details as a response to Indi’s curiosity. I now realize I should have done so privately.

My daughter, my loved ones, and my employers and co-workers provide me with all of the validation a girl could ever need, but I appreciate your concern.
    Your "narrative" was predictable in almost every way imaginable. You couldn't possibly have accomplished your goal "privately." The blessing of "Validation" can only be had from the Collective.

Your daughter, employers, and co-workers are so fortunate to be part of Your Story. I did notice that "friends," "extended family," and "life partner," "community," "belief system" (of any type, nothing in particular), were not on your list.

When one focuses on Identity, the world revolves around them...at least those portions of the world (e.g., a dependent child and co-workers) who has to deal with you...those who might do so voluntarily choose instead to run for the hills.

For the sake of argument, there is no life partner because I choose not to risk hurting another while I am not yet over my ex. My community, friends and what little family I have are my loved ones, and my belief system is apparently better kept to myself.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Identity politics. Sounds like a creation right out of the warped mind of Rands Toohey character. Its a load of horseshit, Cam. Self-psyching and then taking others along for the ride. But only the stupid ones, consider it a form of selection for intelligence.

Nice experiment tho.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Indi, I would thank you but then I would have to spend the rest of my days in a padded 8x8 cell – distraught and shaking at the realization that my entire existence to date has been founded on nothing but meaningless and frivolous details.

Not to mention it would be a validation of you, and then you would have to spend the rest of your days there with me.

I'll bring the booze.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh no! Uncontrolled validation... must ... reboot... the. progra...

I'm not sure you parsed my post correctly, Ping. Cam will have a different take, I think. But anyway, G & T is my preferred toxin. Tho I've grown a taste for mohitos recently b/c of this place.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Identity politics. Sounds like a creation right out of the warped mind of Rands Toohey character. Its a load of horseshit, Cam. Self-psyching and then taking others along for the ride. But only the stupid ones, consider it a form of selection for intelligence.

Nice experiment tho.
    I'm not a fan of Identity Politics.

But, to each her own. His, too.

Quote Originally Posted by little pingoin View Post
    You do bring up an interesting point though. Isn’t calling someone out for seeking validation a bit redundant? Is it not true that a good majority of the people that come to this forum are seeking some sort of validation in the first place?
    Don't confuse my statement of observation as concern.

I'm not here for validation. I'm not even here for help. I never have. I'm here because I'm curious about people, and I like to offer help where I can.

Most of the people who come here are seeking approval from others to continue their own poor behavioral choices. They want us to validate their bad behavior so that they can continue with it feeling as if we've condoned it.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123