+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 1.5 weeks with no contact and 33 days without seeing her! :(

1.5 weeks with no contact and 33 days without seeing her! :(

So a girl that I am seeing is going backpacking for a week and a half and then going on a trip with her friends after that so I won't be able to see her for 33 days. We can talk on the phone though after she gets back from the backpacking trip. We talked about how we would take things further when she is back and we are both back at college together which will happen in 33 days.

I feel almost scared though because things are going really well..will they be ok when we are back together if we talk regularly?
    Before we met she really didn't use her cell phone that often at all, didnt text or talk on it hardly ever. I am just worried about having to wait a month to see her again.

I bellieve things will go just fine. She says she wants to take things further when she gets back, so Im pretty sure things will be just fine.

Just live your life. Don't get so caught up like that. I understand that you miss her, but don't be worried.

Breathe. Take a deep breath.

She'll be back. Don't freak. The desperate for her attention routine is cute at first, but it gets old quickly. Remember life before her? The guys you used to hang out with? The video games you used to play? Do some of that to pass the time. Keep in touch with her, but don't spaz out if you don't hear from her for a couple of days. She's backpacking. My cell phone service is unreliable, at best, in my house... let alone out in backpacking country.

Its rough. Time apart is never fun.

The important thing is, remember that you MUST still live your life. You still have to breath and walk with one foot in front of the other. If you work, you still have to work. If you are a student, you still have to go to class.

It's not easy. It is one of those things that is easier said than done... I know.

Try and fill your time with things you enjoy. I know those things will not be as fun when you are dealing with the time apart, but at least try. I find that working out or jogging are great ways to relieve some of the stress and bring things into focus.

Believe me, laying in bed or around the house all day will only make things worse on you. Your attitude and state of mind will suffer, and it will show when you talk to her.

If she has email, send her a message from time to time and let her know that you are thinking about her and that she is special to you. Don't pour your heart out in one email. Pace yourself. If you have done something wrong, get that out of the way in the first email and try to avoid discussing it in the emails that follow. Once she sees that you have recognized the issue and are trying to move forward, her feelings will fall into place. But if you dwell on it and apologize in every email, she is going to feel that you have some inherent need to keep reliving it and wont want to talk at all in fear of having to "deal with the same thing over and over" and you will get no where very quickly. Believe me... I know. I have been guilty of it more than once and it took me a while to figure out what I was doing. Had someone opened my eyes, I would have never continued to go over and over the issue at hand.

You will be fine. If she loves you and you love her, that is all it will take. You will be able to communicate and fix the issue and move forward.