+ Follow This Topic

Thread: BDSM Thread

BDSM Thread

As per popular request, a thread about BDSM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What is BDSM?
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    What is BDSM?
    BDSM is a compound acronym derived from the terms bondage and discipline (B&D, B/D, or BD), dominance and submission (D&s, D/s, or Ds), sadism and masochism (S&M, S/M, or SM). (Wiki)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What about it? BDSM encompasses everything from fuzzy hot pink handcuffs all the way over to using another human as a toilet. Pretty much it's an all-encompassing term for people with sexual kinks.

Not much of a discussion or starter really.

BDSM as a subject is really kind of a misnomer as it breaks down into so many damn sub categories, and then depending who you're talking to the same term has different meanings or connotations.

It's a rather complex subject with a 4 letter acronym that basically means "Taboo" to most.

If I say, "I'm into BDSM" you're going to think I'm some leather chap wearing freak that walks on my hands and knees with a collar and leash on all day that lives in a kennel and eats out of a dog bowl while being whipped and having a woman step on my bits wearing spiked heels.

Which, while an amusing picture is really really far from the truth.

Tying your lover up with silk scarves falls under BDSM. It's the very light side of it, but it's part of it. Or using rope (Shibari) , or chains, or cuff restraints, or suspension gear, or whips, or floggers, or paddles, or collars, or cuffs, or play piercings, or urethral sounds, magic wands (electro stim), feathers, role-playing, or edge (knife/cutting) play, or wax, or chastity belts, or household chores, or spanking, or hair pulling, or fire play, or bondage tape, or or or... Seriously, it's a pretty lame term to throw out for a topic.

Or, perhaps you've decided that you're going to dominate your lover in bed and bend them to your will that evening.

It would probably be better if you broke it down into areas of interest for discussion instead.

IE: Spanking
    Then restraints
    Maybe d/s (I refuse to do that ****ing dominant/submission stutter crap that ends up with people typing shit like W/we to mean me and my sub...)
    Or even pain play.
    Then maybe do some talk on Role-playing

I can pretty much intelligently cover most topics surrounding the general topic of BDSM without resorting to Wikipedia (No offense) to discuss it.

Including how to do it safely. Which is one of the absolute most important things.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Well I think it was you that mentioned when using a bed restraint, have a pair of scissors handy incase someone freaks out, which is something I will definitely watch out for the next time I am with her.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTooya View Post
    Well I think it was you that mentioned when using a bed restraint, have a pair of scissors handy incase someone freaks out, which is something I will definitely watch out for the next time I am with her.
    I thought those doing BDSM things like restraints, and other stuff, are supposed to come up with a "safe word" or something that tells the partner to immediately stop what they are doing?

I would think that a guy would like to be restrained sometimes? It must be somewhat limiting to have to stay in at least partial control to avoid hurting one's partner, say, during a strong orgasm? Especially if the guy is a lot larger/stronger than his partner?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh