+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What does it mean when he grabs your butt?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Look, if someone grabs your ass its generally b/c you have given some signal they think its okay.

That's not to say that there aren't assholes out there who will do a random grab, but they are opportunists that are easily dealt with. If its in a public place like a bar, and there are other people around, confront them directly. Look them in the eye and say loud & firm they are NEVER to touch you again.

If its in a workplace the situation is a bit more delicate. But for the most part, it can be dealt with in a similar way: Listen, Joe, I don't know what you are used to here, but I am here to WORK. Period. If you ever touch me again, this will go to the next level. I would hate for this to affect our working relationship, so I'm going to let this incident go. But I hope I have made myself clear.

If you are firm but not a freaked out bitch, you will get an apology. He may not like you after that, but chances are he'll just avoid you.

Women harassing men is a bit more difficult. Women are often more vindictive. I don't envy CB his workplace in this regard. But he seems smart enough to tread carefully.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Man, screw what people think. I wouldn't allow any sleezy person to touch me anywhere. I seriously have such a reaction to an unknown person touching that I literally get in fight mode and prepare to knock the person's knocker off. Not kidding at all.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, so you'd be the one ending up losing YOUR job b/c you assault a person at work and have NO proof they touched you. Your word against theirs except THEY have a black eye.

In a pub you might get away with it, but then again, you might end up with a stalker, or assaulted or dead.

"Smart" is the name of the game with these kinds of situations.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

he wants to fool around with you and if he doesn't care about his marriage then he'll take you the whole way

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Yes, so you'd be the one ending up losing YOUR job b/c you assault a person at work and have NO proof they touched you. Your word against theirs except THEY have a black eye.

In a pub you might get away with it, but then again, you might end up with a stalker, or assaulted or dead.

"Smart" is the name of the game with these kinds of situations.
    Ummmm.. I wouldn't assault anyone. Have you ever heard of fight or flight? I would just be in fight mode instead of being all laaadeeedaaaa about it. Sheesh. I would prepare to do so. Preparing is different from actually doing it.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    Ummmm.. I wouldn't assault anyone. Have you ever heard of fight or flight? I would just be in fight mode instead of being all laaadeeedaaaa about it. Sheesh. I would prepare to do so. Preparing is different from actually doing it.
    So you're saying you wouldn't fight them?

Hahahahaa.. Well........... Depends on the situation. Not at work. Maybe in dark alley after work. Haha, just kidding. No, I wouldn't fight them, but I would probably have an agry look about me and let them know that I'm ready to pounce on them if they don't leave me alone. It's kind of like giving someone a snake eye automatically for doing that or scowling or glaring.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Raze, there is an important difference b/t aggressive and assertive. Particularly in the workplace. Learn about it.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    Hahahahaa.. Well........... Depends on the situation. Not at work. Maybe in dark alley after work. Haha, just kidding. No, I wouldn't fight them, but I would probably have an agry look about me and let them know that I'm ready to pounce on them if they don't leave me alone. It's kind of like giving someone a snake eye automatically for doing that or scowling or glaring.
    One time when I was in middle school these popular girls came over to me and kept trying to rub my head, (I was a skinhead back when), and I kept telling them to stop and leave me alone. Then I accidentally slammed my locker door on one of their heads.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Fras, you are a clever guy. I've used 'accidents' to get out of boring meetings.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, I'm serious, it was an accident. I was grabbing stuff out of the bottom of my locker and she was leaning against the lockers leaning over to touch my head, and as I stood up I angrily tried to slam my locker. I didn't even see her.

It bounced off her head and I had to slam it again to close it.

I was so pissed I just walked away.

Then that group of girls, plus more that weren't even there, tried to get me suspended/expelled a few months later. I was called down to the office and it was like 8 girls vs. me. The vice principle was a black lady. As soon as I explained my side of the story, and apologized specifically to the girl whose head I injured, they were chastised and told to apologize to me.

ROFLMAO!!!!!! That's too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnick View Post
    he drank a little too much and grabbed my butt. I did like it.
    I laughed.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Raze, there is an important difference b/t aggressive and assertive. Particularly in the workplace. Learn about it.
    Assuming makes an ass out of you and me. I don't need to be lectured on work place etiquitte, thank you... As much as I appreciate your devine advice.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Grow up Raze. If you make a stupid comment that makes you sound like a teenager, take your lumps. Saying you would prepare to fight someone in this situation is immature. I didn't assume anything, you made that comment.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast