+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dealing with annoying ex

Dealing with annoying ex

Ok well from my previous thread you should know i broke up with a girl who was really needy/possesive which started getting annoying especially as it turned long distance.

Well now she's doing things like ringing me up at 4 in the morning and waking me up! - I don't answer the calls I just send the busy tone and go back to sleep because I DON'T CARE but she doesn't seem to understand this.

Shes also started doing something equally annoying such as whenever i'm on face book she'll update her status to something like "I've had an awesome three nights with a certain someone" and then start a facebook chat with me, which get's closed instantly as i don't want to talk to her. It's annoying - I don't care what she is doing with her life but seems to want me to know these thing! It's as if there's some kind of race to to a new partner that I forgot to sign up to - and don't want to take part in.

Yes it is pissing me off so if thats what she's trying to do it's working - what she hopes to achieve by doing this I don't know as we split on fairly good terms. If i've learned anything from this experience it's that I definately made the right decission in splitting up with her!

What can I do about this? If I ignore her enough will she eventually stop? Fingers crossed. End of rant.
    Last edited by Holdme; 23-07-09 at 07:32 PM.
    "Im in love with the planet Im standing on, I cant stop thinking of All the people Ive ever loved, All the people I have lost, All the people Ill never know, All the feelings Ive never shown.
    The worlds too big, and lifes too short...
    To be alone...

- The The, Lonely Planet

sometimes it's hard to let go. I'm in no way condoning her behavior. Do you want her out of your life completely? (Do you not even want to be friends with her?) Then you really must cut her out. defriend her on facebook and block her. Don't answer texts and calls. If the terms of the breakup are understood from both sides (read: it's OVER) then her behavior is really inappropriate. it seems like she excepts that it's not right between you two but she still has feelings for you. It takes a long time to get over this sometimes, and depends on the person. the worst thing you can do is lead her on (i'm not saying you are at all). you probably don't want to be a mean guy, but she is not respecting the breakup.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She just needs to grow up. At best help her deleting her from Your contacts,facebook etc. don`t answer calls ,turn off the sound at night so You could sleep well It`s the best solution .
    I wazzzz here

I am quite happy to be friends with her but not if she's going to annoy me like this 24/7. I can understand how she feels because I have done similar things in the past when I really liked someone and we broke up.

Surely she understands that as I'm the one who broke up with her that if she has another date with another guy - good for her, but it's not really my business and I don't like her enough to become jealous. Therefore the only thing she'll achieve from these actions is driving me completely out of her life which if it comes to it i'm totally fine with to be honest.

Thankyou for your advice keep it up!
    "Im in love with the planet Im standing on, I cant stop thinking of All the people Ive ever loved, All the people I have lost, All the people Ill never know, All the feelings Ive never shown.
    The worlds too big, and lifes too short...
    To be alone...

- The The, Lonely Planet

Continue not caring. She's just a skirt, mate.

She still likes you and shes trying to make you jealous.

She wants to revenge u via this stupid ways. Actually, when love turns into hatred or something, human's behavior turns to be annoying and inaccessible. First, talk to her peaceful. ask what she wants. If she accepts the truth that u already broke up,OK, she is normal. If she is inaccessible, well, just disappear from her life. Shut down the phone, block her. do anything u could.
    help me find [URL="http://filipino.stepsapart.com/"]Filipino dating[/URL]

My last one was one of these whack jobs that wouldn't go away.

We broke up over the fact that she was getting way to friendly with another guy and the fact she was being a bitch to me. She ends up dating and moving in with this guy in the same week. We go our separate ways and I never once attempted to make contact with her for any reason what so ever.

She on the other hand felt a need to contact me, and she did try. I responded the first couple times, trying to be reasonable and telling her if she really wanted me to be happy, respect my position and stop contacting me. That didn't happen. I got "accidental" texts and phone calls almost monthly.

There was no reasoning with her, she refused to listen, it was going to be her way or no way. I did the only thing I could and that was to ignore any attempt she made to contact me. It took a LONG time, but she FINALLY gave up like 5 or 6 months later. I'm sure I am resented for it, but I will never know.

Sometimes the best thing you can do is to just shut the doors completely. You may be okay with friends, but its not possible with her. Cut the cord.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger