+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I rushing things?

Am I rushing things?

Hello all, first post....so here we go...

Back in april of this year I got back in touch with a very good old friend I grew up with. We basically knew each other from the time we were in kindergarden up until I had to move away from home when I was 15. We were very close and I always had feelings for her, though at 15 I had no idea what they were. I am 30 now and over these 15 years I constantly thought of her as "the one who got away". Well during the past 4 (almost) months we have email / texted / phoned (or any combination of the three!) every day for anywhere between 3-6 hours each day. We discuss everything. We are both intellectuals (or at least we like to think so!) so we have discussed our political / religious / social / philosophical / etc views and come to realize that not only do we agree on practically everything (though we do differ on some things....the poor girl actually likes country music! I mean come on! lol j/k) but she also admitted that she had had feelings for me all these years (just like I had) and that she actually sought me out on facebook because of them. So over the course of our conversations I fell in love with her and she with me.....those feelings just came back and we both are pretty much the same as we were in school.....there is one catch....I live in Las Vegas and she is still in my home town of Charleston, SC. I know that I love her like I have known nothing else in my life and am planning to move back to Charleston in January- not JUST to be with her, but that is a major contributing factor-. I digress and my appologies....my question is this.....is 3-4 months worth of everyday, deep, meaningful conversations between two people who knew each other well, who were very close, and who each had secret, unrequited feelings for each other too fast to admit to loving one another? Our first date will be (lol, as we live 2000 miles away from each other!) in September of this year (4 months after our initial conversation) and I am planning to move back home in Jan of next year (4 months after that) Is this moving too fast? Can people fall in love through just emailing / texting / talking? I have spent a great deal of time on my own and I know it's not a desperation thing (I don't NEED to be with her, I WANT to) and I know what I want in a woman, and she is pretty much everything I want.....as scary as that is to admit.......any advice would be apreciated and I appologize for the long ass post! lol
    Last edited by jaysharpmajor; 25-07-09 at 03:33 PM.

Awe!

Haha you may laugh at me but I met my boyfriend now on the internet, and we have been together for a year and a half. We talked for maybe 2 to 3 weeks 4 to 8 hours a day on the phone. He actually lived down the street from me but was away on buisness. He is 31 so he is not an immature child who throws the words "I love you" around, heck hes olny said it to 3 people he's dated before but it was our 4th date, second date as boyfriend and girlfriend when he told me he loved me, I was in shock a little because I wasn't exspecting it, as I recall I said...."what"....not the responce he was looking for but I am young (19) and didn't know how I felt about him, because I'm very guarded. But I've loved everything about him since I met him and I say go for it. Follow your heart, you can't help who you fall in love with and you cant help how long it takes. You my friend are worrying too much, and you know you can love someone without saying it, all that really matters is that you show it. if you can't share love between one another without words then it isnt true love. But it sounds to me that your heart has brought you to the right place and you shouldn't be ashamed for being in love, its a wonderful thing and who cares what other people think, its what you and her think that counts. You're a goof! So what, you love her!!!!!

Thanks for the reply Nikki.....I'm not ashamed of it at all...I am in love with her......just wanted to make sure I wasn't rushing her.....

I think you are rushing indeed, i think first you have to find out is if she is indeed a women. There are many sexy hot girls out there who are actually guys.

ummmm death....read the whole thing.....I have known this GIRL all my life....we did not meet online, we got back in touch after a 15 year absence online....

^ but still it is possible she could have been a guy all along

I have pictures to prove otherwise man, but thanks for the concern! lol

Hey man. I say go for it. It sounds like you guys have a lot going for you. If it's true love, it won't be too fast. It sounds like you guys are great for each other.

Good luck!

P.S..
    Let us know how it goes.

thanks alot guys....I will let you know....perhaps I will write a book about it lol...."facebook love" or something like that! lmao