+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what a nice guy!

what a nice guy!

i've been rotating around the hospital lately, and right now i'm in the gasteroenterology department. i had a chance to see the chief of that department last week, and also a unique opportunity to see him in action, interviewing patients, and performing physical examinations.

he is such a nice guy. actually, that is an understatement. he is an incredibly, easy going, chillout, relaxed, friendly doc. its the way he moves, talks, smiles, looks. everything! he has a very special ability which allows his personality to permeate everyone around him.

its unbelievable. i want to be like him. i'm going to try to copy him. he just has some kind of factor that really sets him apart from any other doctor i've seen.

he is old, probably mid 60's, very tall, and quite slim. when he talks to you, he looks at you right in the eyes, and he has this easy face to look at. not intimidating at all!

i've been watching him closely lately, and i've picked up some of his subtle movements. for example, when a patient is talking to him, he will tilt his head to the side, slightly squint his eyes, his eyebrows would constrict. and as soon as he responds, his eyes brighten up, he smiles as he slowely talks, and his head is not tilted anymore. i'm telling you... this guy has STYLE! i was very very impressed.

there are doctors, and then there are people like him.

when dealing with most people, especially doctors, sometimes it makes you nervous. because they are always talking fast, moving fast, and there is always something else which is more important to do. but with this doctor, when you talk to him, he makes you feel for that moment, that YOU are the only one that matters. he is never in a rush. and he has this special ability to make you feel so comfortable. i think that is an art.

well, he has definitely inspired me. i will purposely try to copy his style. both in the hospital, and with my friends and family. i think that is such a nice way to be.

well, just thought i'd share that with eveyone!

can you do that to the beach boys??

can you do THAT to the beach boys???

Hell NO!

Very nice RSK. I'm very happy that you're doing so well. I haven't gotten a chance to keep in touch with that many people from LF and it's very nice to see you are still posting here.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Always good to be a role model for fellow young doctors.

No wonder he is the head of department. He deserve it.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You are quite amazing to take note of such seemingly small details. You are going to be fantastic, my friend!

BTW - when you are done dealing with this doctor, you might want to send him a nice little note telling him whatyou said here. If I were him, I'd want to hear it.

Someone's in love.