+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Facebook

Facebook

I'm a 23 years old male. I use Facebook all the time. I reunite my old friends and keep in touch with everyone. Lately, since I'd been single, I have been using Facebook to pick up old crushes that I had since middleschool/highschool. Now, here is where I need some advice.

I contacted an old friend Friday (two days ago). We talked, had a nice conversation on Facebook IM. I asked her out on a date. A week ahead. She accepted, we exchanged number. I texted her to have a wonderful weekend, she responded "k thanks. you too!" Yesterday, I texted her to see how her day was. No response. 'Hm...' I thought to myself. I brushed it off my shoulder and think nothing of it. Today, I decided to give her a call to ask her how was her weekend. Make a light conversation. Called, no answer. Left a friendly voicemail. Later this evening, I saw her on Facebook IM, I messaged her "Hi~" then she logged off.

I'm getting a feeling that she's not interested anymore. We arranged the date this upcoming Friday. I could be over thinking about this whole situation. I figured I won't contact her again until Wednesday or Thursday because I don't want her to think I'm clingy/needy. So far, I only try to contact her three times within a three day time period. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Beornz; 27-07-09 at 10:39 AM.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    stop bothering her. she already got your messages and texts. if you keep pushing the situation then she'll think that you're weird. if she really wants to hang out with you, then she'll contact you.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Beornz View Post
    I'm getting a feeling that she's not interested anymore. We arranged the date this upcoming Friday. I could be over thinking about this whole situation. I figured I won't contact her again until Wednesday or Thursday because I don't want her to think I'm clingy/needy. So far, I only try to contact her three times within a three day time period. Any suggestions?
    Contact her on Friday to get a confirmation that the date is still on, if there's still no feedback then you should probably forget about it.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I don't think she's interested. I think your instincts are correct. Sorry. =(
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

First of all, do some these girls you pick up know each other? Since girls talk A LOT about guys and you dated some of them, perhaps there's something she might have heard from others...If the above is a no and you're sure they don't keep in touch then she's simply not interested.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Do you really want to date a person that doesnt have the decency to reply, even if it is to say she is not interested? She is just not into you, sorry, and the last post is correct, girls talk..a lot! They are probably onto you. Don't contact her again, not even if you have a date, she will contact you if she wants to go.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Heh if my old crush from highschool or something contacted me I would meet him sure or talk to him a bit longer to know what`s up but I surely wouldn`t date him. Times are changing, and so do people . She probobly doesn`t have interest to eat few years old steak . Can`t You meet someone new?
    I wazzzz here

Doesn't sound good.
    But since you have a date, give it one more try to see if it's still on. And that will be your last try.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    stop bothering her. she already got your messages and texts. if you keep pushing the situation then she'll think that you're weird. if she really wants to hang out with you, then she'll contact you.

raverboy
    That's really interesting that you say. I was reading something the other day about that. This article said that if you text or call multiple times a day or maybe even once a day as opposed to a few times a week, she may think you are a stalker. So, it's confusing.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Sounds like it's a lot real fast and you might be scaring her a bit. Ease up a bit and give her some space and see how Friday plays out. If Friday comes and goes and no response...then you know she's not interested and just let it go.
    ♥Paula♥

Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    Heh if my old crush from highschool or something contacted me I would meet him sure or talk to him a bit longer to know what`s up but I surely wouldn`t date him. Times are changing, and so do people . She probobly doesn`t have interest to eat few years old steak . Can`t You meet someone new?
    ok. but why did she agree to go out in the first place? I think she's gotten cold feet for one reason or another man. I'de leave her alone until friday. If you dont hear from her then, I'de delete her from my facebook....she could at least call and let you know shes not interested anymore.