+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Really hurt and not sure what to do.....

Really hurt and not sure what to do.....

My boyfriend of 7 weeks broke up with me yesterday. I know it was not a long term relationship and quite new but I still cared about him and liked him.

I really thought all was well between us and it come out of the blue and I dont know what to do.

He had come out of a long term relationship quite a while a go but still has finacial tyes with the ex and she is meant to be colletcing the rest of her furniture from his house this week.

He txt me on sunday and said some things and then said that he is finding it hard to feel the bond between us. I said that I can feel it, I care about him and like him a lot and asked him not to give up on us. He then said he has pretty much made up his mind.

I feel that talking by txt is imature and drove down to his and tried to talk to him. He did answer the door but he would not let me in and was in a bad mood and did not want to seem to talk. I said to him please dont give up on us, I really care about you and like you. He said that he knows that I do but he is confused and does not feel that a relationship is right for him at the moment.

I then got home to find he had removed me as his friend on facebook then ended the relationship.

When we was together he said that he would like to be friends no matter what happens. He also said several times that he does not want anything to get in the way of us working and being together for a long time. He even said several times he hopes that further down the line that I will move in with him. Told his family and friends about me who love over 100 miles away and his mum said that she has seen some good changes in him since he has been with me.

Last night I finally got a txt from him. He said that he thinks he wants to be friends and perhaps we can see if something more will happen in the future but he can not make any promises.

I did not reply, wanted to think and have space as I was so upset and hurt.

He then messaged me this morning asking if I tried to call him as he had a missed call from a withheld number and I replied saying no, hope your doing ok.

He then asked if I got his message from last night and said im doing ok. I then replied saying that I did, so do you want to be friends.

He replied saying thats what im asking you

I then said yes I would like to be, I care about you,want to be here for you and im hurt a bit but will be fine in a few days and friends is better than nothing.

Then txt him friends and he said yep. Im just not ready for a relationship right now. I Can not deal with the pressure and expectations of a relationship.

I said fair enough.

I friend requested him on fbook and he accepted me. He still has the pics of us up on there and has not deleted any messages which I have sent him.

When we was together he use to update me about his work and house and things.

Then later this afternoon I got a message saying that they had sorted his pay. Why would he say this if he does not feel something towards me?

I know there is a strong bond and chemistry between us and my friends could even see it. I like him and care about him and want us to have a chance in the future. Im happy that ive not lost him and really want him to see that he does like me and wants to be with me but im confused on how I should act.

How many times can I message him? I dont want to come across as pushy but dont want to seem not interested either.

Do you think he does like me but realises that its not right to be in a relationship until you know that you are clear on how you feel and what you want? Do you think he is basically just asking for space?

I feel so alone and confused and really would appreciate your help. Thank you.

Personally I would say that it looks like he just wants to be friends, if you are ok with that then just be friends at the moment.

The best thing you can do is don't hold out hope that something will eventually happen between you because that will stop you going on with your life if you dwell on it too much. Just treat him like a friend, don't call or text him more than you would your other friends.

I know it can be very difficult if you are wanting to be with somebody and they are not in the same place as you but you can't force other people to feel the same way. If somebody says they need some space then you have to give them space otherwise you will end up pushing them away.

It can be hard if all you want is one person and you can't have them but dwelling on it will make you feel worse and alone. Go out and see you other friends, if you are making plans to go out with several friends for a night out then by all means invite him but if he says no then don't be offended.

I hope this makes sense, I know it is not easy but it gets easier.

Lee

Man, I feel like I'm saying the same things over and over again.

BREAK UP=LOSE CONTACT

BREAKUP=LOSE CONTACT

BREAKUP=LOSE CONTACT

BREAKUP=LOSE CONTACT

Man, I'm going insane with this. Someone give me a beer.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

I have told him that im still here for him as a friend and care about him. If he needs to talk or is feeling down or low he can contact me anytime and if he would like to get out or go to the cinema etc then he needs to let me know because thats what friends are for.

He messaged me last night and asked if we could go somewhere at the weekend. Good sign?

He has next to no friends in this area as his home town is over 100 miles away and he moved down here with the ex.

I really care about him and know that there is a bond there. The ex had tried to be friendly with him and I feel that made him realise he was not as ready to move on as he thought.

Do you think we have any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by icelady1983 View Post
    I have told him that im still here for him as a friend and care about him. If he needs to talk or is feeling down or low he can contact me anytime and if he would like to get out or go to the cinema etc then he needs to let me know because thats what friends are for.

He messaged me last night and asked if we could go somewhere at the weekend. Good sign?

He has next to no friends in this area as his home town is over 100 miles away and he moved down here with the ex.

I really care about him and know that there is a bond there. The ex had tried to be friendly with him and I feel that made him realise he was not as ready to move on as he thought.

Do you think we have any chance?

No, just move on.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.