+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I just give up?

Should I just give up?

Hi,

There is this guy that I have known for years. Years ago he used to be a jerk to me. I actually did my best to avoid him for years. Then one day we ran into each other and afterwards he developed a crush on me. He never told me about it, but he did talk to my friends about it. By the time I found out he was already seeing somebody, but we decided to try to be friends anyway. We really got along, and I found myself thinking it was a shame that we hadn't started talking sooner. We decided to get together as friends and little did I know, I would soon start having a crush on him. But this time (he was single) but he just wasn't interested in me. He started talking to my differently after and not as much. I tried to plan a get together for him and I so he could see that it doesn't have to be awkward. Since I know there is nothing romantic between us. But he told me I tried too hard. And that he doesn't think we should get together because we don't have much in common. I just don't get what's going on in his head. Should I stop trying to be nice to him? maybe then he'll want to try to be friends again?

Yeah, just give up on this one. Sorry, he has no romantic feelings for you.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    Yeah, just give up on this one. Sorry, he has no romantic feelings for you.
    Why did he make it look like he wanted to be friends first? He would sit there and talk to me for hours. He would tell me how much he liked talking to me. Now he's being a jerk again. Should I maybe give him time and try to be friends?

It sounds like psychologically, there's something wrong with him. He sounds a bit bipolar to me. He's having mood swings and that's not good. I wouldn't put the effort in. You sound like you can do better. Find someone who is psychologically sound.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.