+ Follow This Topic
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Apologists for Evil

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u View Post
    I don't even know why we are arguing about certain Arab countries being cruel to women..You guys keep bringing it up like we think it's ok what they do. I agree they have problems...Nobody is denying it...What i want to know is how you can label huge group of innocent girls/women wearing the burqa or hijab as filth based on the comments in the video? Are you aware there are also white muslims who wear the hijab?
    Oh I hope my sister won`t, because she has beautiful curly hair, and she loves them. If she starts to cover her hair it can be just 2 things: She`s insane or brainwashed ...
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Yggdrasil, my last post has nothing to do with Sharia Law or police reports or courts. It's simply results based on surveys of people in various countries around the world interviewed by UNICRI. It's pure, unbiased data filled out by participants privately and individually. Though having said that, as you know not all Muslim countries have Sharia law (only Saudi Arabia and Iran maintain religious courts for all aspects of jurisprudence)

Such a resistance does make me wonder if our perception is really objective and not rooted in some sort of stereotype. Anyway, what did I want to say by this? A hijab is as much a symbol of rape and violence as Nike shoes and designer clothing.

Negative.

I am saying that such climate does not encourage reporting rape, therefore data comming from those areas are neglectable.

Would be nice if that could be acknowledged.

All the rest is in your mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

not all Muslim countries have Sharia law (only Saudi Arabia and Iran maintain religious courts for all aspects of jurisprudence)
    Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabi, Nigeria, Sudan, Egypt, Kenia, Tanzania, Kuwait, Bahrain, Yemen, the United Arab Emirates, etc....

Many majority Muslim countries have a dual system in which the government is secular but Muslims can choose to bring familial and financial disputes to sharia courts. The exact jurisdiction of these courts varies from country to country, but usually includes marriage, divorce, inheritance, and guardianship. Examples can be seen in Nigeria and Kenya, which have sharia courts that rule on family law for Muslims.

In those Muslim countries where Islam is the official religion listed in the constitution, sharia is declared to be a source, or the source, of the laws. Examples include Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Yemen, and the United Arab Emirates, where the governments derive their legitimacy from Islam.

A hijab is as much a symbol of rape and violence as Nike shoes and designer clothing.
    I'm not talking about a hijab. Just like you are not talking about the christian cross. Neither is related to rape.

I am talking about the environment that creates a prefect oppurtunity for abusing women and having all justification to do so, and use this as one example on how your statistical data are inaccurate.

I say again (and I keep on repeating it till you get it): the data on rape from those countries are so low because the majority of cases are not being reported.

I also say: I suggest next time you talk about something like this, do your research first, since you appear to have not much of a background (no insult personal or otherwise intended) about this particular topic, no matter how well your intentions are.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; 30-07-09 at 07:24 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks vashti. I was like 12 years old. Days prior to these soldiers ariving, there was a lot of fear what might happen. I had this dog (i named him Rocky (cause well he kinda looked like SS ) and he kept barking so much...We always kept thinking someone was coming. We later learned that in this town (half hour drive away) they wiped out a lot of people...You never believe such things though because people tended to exaggerate...How is it possible to be that cruel? Later on we knew it was true..The word "ethnic cleansing" was used..They raped women..Killed kids...worst things you can imagine. The numbers killed were in thousands. A lot of these "special forces" that came...These man looked like real barbarians...If you remember seeing those old movies or even some newer ones like Gladiator...The big bearded guys and all...Scary looking ..They were basically thought to have no mercy and do anything they wanted.

I felt a lot of anger and for a long time i wanted revenge. I wanted them to feel the same pain but as time went by i learned that i can't blame every single person from their group for what happened. You learn to forgive but you never forget something like that.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Nice PP. You seem like a cool girl it's just that when you mention how she needs to show off her curly hair...Why is that? If i was given some sort of hoodie to wear, i wouldn't care...It's a type of urge isn't it? Women always need to be given attention and wearing clothes and showing the sexy look no matter how inappropriate is ok because she knows it's driving guys wild right..The guy on the other hand should control his urges..And of course that's easy to do because guys are only horny what every 30 seconds? Also since there aren't too many offenders and generally "mental" types out there, it's easy for a woman to be safe.. Do you not get it? Not every guy is going to be myself, Gribble and a few on here...A lot of them have no respect for women so the more you give them, the more they'll want, even if force is necessary. Have you ever been to clubs? Do you realize how many times guys get women drunk and rape them after?

Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    Oh I hope my sister won`t, because she has beautiful curly hair, and she loves them. If she starts to cover her hair it can be just 2 things: She`s insane or brainwashed ...
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Nice PP. You seem like a cool girl it's just that when you mention how she needs to show off her curly hair...Why is that? If i was given some sort of hoodie to wear, i wouldn't care...It's a type of urge isn't it? Women always need to be given attention and wearing clothes and showing the sexy look no matter how inappropriate is ok because she knows it's driving guys wild right..The guy on the other hand should control his urges..And of course that's easy to do because guys are only horny what every 30 seconds? Also since there aren't too many offenders and generally "mental" types out there, it's easy for a woman to be safe.. Do you not get it? Not every guy is going to be myself, Gribble and a few on here...A lot of them have no respect for women so the more you give them, the more they'll want, even if force is necessary. Have you ever been to clubs? Do you realize how many times guys get women drunk and rape them after?
    1. She doesn`t want to be sexy anymore, cause she`s married. 2. She doesn`t show off, she just loves her hair. She doesn`t show off with her outlooking . It`s just the way she is. She is classy, intelligent and great girl. 3. Oh yeah I`ve been to more clubs than You ever was in Your life, considering the fact that You`re muslim(I guess) and You can`t
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I'm not talking about a hijab. Just like you are not talking about the christian cross. Neither is related to rape.
    Actually, doesn't this whole rape topic stem from the discussion about the hijab and the burqa, and how they are seemingly justified as a pre-emptive measure against rape?

But meh, you guys can rabble on 'til no one remembers what it's all about.

1. She doesn`t want to be sexy anymore, cause she`s married.

2. She doesn`t show off, she just loves her hair. She doesn`t show off with her outlooking . It`s just the way she is. She is classy, intelligent and great girl.

3. Oh yeah I`ve been to more clubs than You ever was in Your life, considering the fact that You`re muslim(I guess) and You can`t
    Wrong! I can ask women on here and anywhere else..A woman always wants to be sexy!
    Yes i'm sure she is. There is classy, intelligent girls wearing a hijab too...
    So you're trying to prove that you've been to more clubs then me..great..enough said!
    Last edited by Asip4u; 30-07-09 at 08:44 PM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wrong! I can ask women on here and anywhere else..A woman always wants to be sexy!
    Yes i'm sure she is. There is classy, intelligent girls wearing a hijab too...
    So you're trying to prove that you've been to more clubs then me..great..enough said!
    Yeah yeah... Well i said that cause she actually never tried to be sexy. She isn`t that type of a woman. She is classy. Always looks good, takes care of each detail of her clothes and jewerely etc. We used to go out together and I was always the party type.She always remained classy. She liked good cocktails and good wine. Now since she`s married to an arab, she don`t go out anymore and she doesn`t touch the alcohol or pork .But I know she misses it , the way she looks at it(now I`m talking about the meat as an example) besides she told me once on a familly diner, she wish she could it that tasty pork steak, well but she couldn`t cause her housband was next to her - good that at least he doesn`t understand polish
    I wazzzz here

haha..kinda interesting...What is twoja stara mean? We have a similar word "tvoja stara" but it probably doesn't mean the same thing lol..BTW, I am not a religious muslim or anything like that..I just have certain beliefs that i go by and i don't like when people have their similar beliefs yet when they see something they don't like, they say "oh that's wrong" or "muslim people are like this"....I use to drink alcohol although honestly i gave that up simply because i only drank it when i was with friends..Never really enjoyed it or anything so there was no point...I don't smoke or do drugs because if you take anything that harms your body it shows you don't really care much for yourself. Also, i can tell you're a party type.

Yeah yeah... Well i said that cause she actually never tried to be sexy. She isn`t that type of a woman. She is classy. Always looks good, takes care of each detail of her clothes and jewerely etc. We used to go out together and I was always the party type.She always remained classy. She liked good cocktails and good wine. Now since she`s married to an arab, she don`t go out anymore and she doesn`t touch the alcohol or pork .But I know she misses it , the way she looks at it(now I`m talking about the meat as an example) besides she told me once on a familly diner, she wish she could it that tasty pork steak, well but she couldn`t cause her housband was next to her - good that at least he doesn`t understand polish
    Last edited by Asip4u; 30-07-09 at 09:29 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Thanks vashti. I was like 12 years old. Days prior to these soldiers ariving, there was a lot of fear what might happen. I had this dog (i named him Rocky (cause well he kinda looked like SS ) and he kept barking so much...We always kept thinking someone was coming. We later learned that in this town (half hour drive away) they wiped out a lot of people...You never believe such things though because people tended to exaggerate...How is it possible to be that cruel? Later on we knew it was true..The word "ethnic cleansing" was used..They raped women..Killed kids...worst things you can imagine. The numbers killed were in thousands. A lot of these "special forces" that came...These man looked like real barbarians...If you remember seeing those old movies or even some newer ones like Gladiator...The big bearded guys and all...Scary looking ..They were basically thought to have no mercy and do anything they wanted.

I felt a lot of anger and for a long time i wanted revenge. I wanted them to feel the same pain but as time went by i learned that i can't blame every single person from their group for what happened. You learn to forgive but you never forget something like that.
    Quite honestly, I don't think I'd make it through something like that. I think seeing men behave with such brutality would make me wish for death. I remember when 9/11 happened, I had a bunch of elderly shut-in people I delivered groceries to telling me that wished they had died before they saw it. Things like this scar the soul.

You know the strange things is...When it's happening, you don't have muh of a reaction..Almost like there is no time to be scared..You become like a robot..You do what you are told and you accept anything that may come to you. It's after, when it's all done that when you start realizing how real and scary the whole thing was.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Quite honestly, I don't think I'd make it through something like that. I think seeing men behave with such brutality would make me wish for death. I remember when 9/11 happened, I had a bunch of elderly shut-in people I delivered groceries to telling me that wished they had died before they saw it. Things like this scar the soul.

Few months ago one of my good friends was working at the Pharmacy and this guy comes in with a gun demanding money from her. She said she was all calm and everything and then after it was all over then it became so scary for her...I tried to be there for her but she was still not doing that great...It took awhile but she got through it.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You know the strange things is...When it's happening, you don't have muh of a reaction..Almost like there is no time to be scared..You become like a robot..You do what you are told and you accept anything that may come to you. It's after, when it's all done that when you start realizing how real and scary the whole thing was.
    Yeah, I bet a lot of people have blocked out some of the more graphic stuff. The brain often tries to compensate for things too difficult to process.

You are a really interesting person, Asip! I am glad to e-know you.

EDIT: I was robbed once at gun point when I worked at the bank... I blocked out the guy's face. all I could remember was that he had a hairy navel. haha

Always thought you were cool too..That'll never change.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Yeah, I bet a lot of people have blocked out some of the more graphic stuff. The brain often tries to compensate for things too difficult to process.

You are a really interesting person, Asip! I am glad to e-know you.

EDIT: I was robbed once at gun point when I worked at the bank... I blocked out the guy's face. all I could remember was that he had a hairy navel. haha

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast