+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Apologists for Evil

People are conditioned to believe certain things so yes the media does play a major role because as long as the money is made they'll put anything for people to watch...go talk to the kids whose parents actually know how to talk to their kids and monitor what they do..and then, the ones who have no clue what responsibility is....you'll notice major differences...i don't even know why you're even asking this...obviously i can't blame the 13 year old.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

But what we're talking about in this thread is the burqua as a symbol of oppression of women in Islam, not spoiled westerners acting like Britney Spears. I'm just surprised at those of you that seem to think that these women WANT to wear these tings.
    Spammer Spanker

Since you know so much what they want to wear, why do they come over here and still wear the hijab? they no longer have to???

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    But what we're talking about in this thread is the burqua as a symbol of oppression of women in Islam, not spoiled westerners acting like Britney Spears. I'm just surprised at those of you that seem to think that these women WANT to wear these tings.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

It's not so easy to throw off something that's been ingrained by your culture for thousands of years. Besides, you have no idea what's going on at home for these women. They may be in the US, but they're not here alone.

Look, I'm the first to say that women should be making their own choices, but women making choices is not really a traditional part of any Abrahamic religion (Muslim, Christian, Judaism).
    Spammer Spanker

it may well be a symbol of oppression and some women may well not want to have to wear it, but what the hell is this non Muslim English fellow doing fighting the fight for oppressed Muslim women? It seems to be more than just fighting the ‘good’ fight for him. He practically insulted the whole religion. But what is the reason to go as far as banning it? Surely that is up to the Muslim people to decide? Just as much as any other religion. It’s up to the individuals involved, and he’s not involved. It’s not the *law* in England so wtf is his problem. I would understand if he was actually Muslim and I would understand even further if *he* was a Muslim woman…but he’s not. It’s more about being the hero and forcing them to abide what he decides. As the lefties say that is oppression in itself. They have the right to make that decision not some English bloke who obviously thinks it’s an insult to him, well I disagree with making it law to ban, I agree with educating and teaching them about the freedoms they have available to them but at the end of the day it’s absolutely up to them not the English government.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

What do you think about his point that in an age of Code Red security alerts, it doesn't make sense to allow people to go around in disguise?
    Spammer Spanker

oh here we go...the fear mongering to get people's liberties taken away for *security*....has anyone actually used the burqa as a form of terrorism against the country?

it's an extreme excuse just like fearing mongering the american people into letting go of their freedoms for the sake of *security*...i say blah to that. the muslims are getting oppressed by the world in this terrorsim fever pitch fear mongering going on.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

[url]http://sweetness-light.com/archive/would-be-london-subway-bombers-wore-a-burka[/url]
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    [url]http://sweetness-light.com/archive/would-be-london-subway-bombers-wore-a-burka[/url]
    firstly were these guys actually sent to jail with proof of the conspiracy? i have a real problem with the media hyping up excuses to shoot and kill and oppress the muslims. there have been quite a few mistakes made by the coppers such as the brazilian guy who was shot dead by them on the tube and he had absolutely NO connections to any muslims or groups and he wasn't muslim but looked muslim. there is a serious amount of bias in the news against muslims atm. something to bear in mind when reading things like this. i'm not defending them because i have no knowledge of this incident involving the burqa's (which leads me to think it's not true-as i am exposed to UK media) however they weren't convicted....were they?

if this is the case then it is another form of brainwashing the public into fearing and hating the muslims yet again.

also i have never heard of sweetness and light...who are they? EDIT just found out its american bullshit media lol, doesn't even count as news lol
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 29-07-09 at 06:16 AM.

Will BBC work for you?

[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6634917.stm[/url]
    Spammer Spanker

yes the BBC works a *lot* better. I’m more inclined to believe them. however I’m still a skeptic overall especially with the media bias towards muslims but that’s neither here now there for this discussion about the burqa. The point is he used a burqa to hide himself after the bomb stunt which wasn’t an actual attack…again some might say not relevant. Yes ok.

The point is It’s possible that a terrorist group *could* use the burqa to hide just as much as hiding with a motorbike helmet on them. *Except* motorbike helmets don’t mean as much to the muslim culture. The media have portrayed the muslim community as wanting to attack and yet the main people attacking are the police and vigilantes against the muslim communities and this English fellow is all part of the campaign against muslim rights whether he realizes or not.

it's just another way of oppressing their freedoms and culture overall. i still believe it is up to the muslim folk to decide. i donlt think there is much to fear from the muslim community but there will be if their oppression keeps happening, someone, someday is gonna lose it. and it will have been the worlds governments fault for putting so much pressure and oppression on them. its the same as when the Jews and blacks were discriminated against. another Malcolm x will raise his head out of all this and there will be trouble. i don;t believe all this Osama crap, completely fabricated. the world needed an enemy to go to war with so that they could get in there and pillage.

anyway that's my view

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    really eco - I understand your point, but there have been multiple women wearing burqas in Israel that have blown themselves up. You need to find a better argument.

^^don't you think that's a little different considering first off they were brainwashed *women* and secondly it wasn't the UK with all it's freedoms in comparison? the muslims over there are completely bamboozeled, they have absolutely no rights
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 29-07-09 at 07:19 AM.

You think crossing the border into the UK magically removes cultural and religious bamboozlement? Eco, these people are NOT assimilating into your culture and they are NOT seeing things from the same perspective you do. I can't think of a better example of this than the issue at hand- the ****ing burqa.

Anyone who wears one is brainwashed. Look, if the men wore them too, it might be an arguable cultural prerogative but they don't. They enjoy personal freedom, like most people, except for, of course, the freedom to ask directions from a woman they don't know, or speak to her at all, basically to take part in the society they've chosen to insert themselves into with no intention whatsoever of assimilating.
    Spammer Spanker

How many people in the US wearing those have actually done any terror activities? I know here in Canada we haven't had any problems..."Anyone who wears one is brainwashed"..Funny how you'll use that as brainwashing yet when we talk about the western world and media doing the same you take it as "off topic" material..which really was a point i was trying to make...not that you go that..so many hypocrites, it's unreal.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast