+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Apologists for Evil

I'm perfectly happy to talk about media fearmongering and brainwashing elsewhere.

Do you have anything to say about burqas and the fact that Pat Condell wants them outlawed in the UK?
    Spammer Spanker

There's nothing wrong with wearing burqas...The guy is pissed about something else...Maybe he isn't getting any who knows..
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The video really isn't about burqas. He's pissed that people can't talk about certain cultures and religions without being labeled an -ist or a -phobe. He's pissed that his government bends over backwards to accommodate other people's culture at the expense of his own. And yeah, he's pissed that in some barbaric cultures women are treated as little more than cattle.

As for that nonsense about wives and penises, if I ever did marry I can assure you my wife would have heaps more class and intelligence than the sort of woman who'd strut about town with her tits and ass hanging out. However, she would never, ever be afraid to dress that way for fear of violence. It would always be her choice.
    Last edited by Gribble; 29-07-09 at 12:28 PM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Asip, I agree that some women are okay with wearing the burqa, and they wear it happily, just like those polygamist women wear their prairie clothes. I don't really care if they choose to wear it, and I actually see some value in dressing very conservatively. It really heightens the thrill of even the tiniest bit of physical contact with the opposite sex. Scarcity increases value, or something like that.

I just don't like the idea of women being forced into one, especially for such reasons as men not being able to control themselves sexually.
    Last edited by vashti; 29-07-09 at 12:49 PM.

Men aren't controlling themselves anywhere vashti...US, Britain, you name it...Anybody saw the news of the soccer coach in UK stab the teenage supermodel? I mean come on, you don't think that could have been prevented with her being more careful and not being so damn slutty? how does allowing women to dress any way they want protect them? Gribble, you want best for women..hell i do too..but i honestly don't think that a lot of women can protect themselves..and sometimes us men need to do it...In Arab world, men go to an extreme by beating up their wives and i think that's totally wrong..but as for wearing the hijab or whateve else to not reveal so much..i'm sorry but i don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I just don't like the idea of women being forced into one, espcially for such reasons as men not being able to control themselves sexually.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u View Post
    Men aren't controlling themselves anywhere vashti...US, Britain, you name it...Anybody saw the news of the soccer coach in UK stab the teenage supermodel? I mean come on, you don't think that could have been prevented with her being more careful and not being so damn slutty? .
    Are you really blaming the victim? I'm sure you've read that rapes are not crimes of sexual passion, but rather acts of violence. Rapists don't do it because they are aroused by flesh - they are angry.

vashti, what i am saying is that women don't always know what's best for them...they don't make wise choices..If this girl had someone by her side who could have guided her better, she wouldn't have been stuck with fools like that in the first place.

Are you really blaming the victim? I'm sure you've read that rapes are not crimes of sexual passion, but rather acts of violence. Rapists don't do it because they are aroused by flesh - they are angry.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    GIRLS may not know what is best for them, but WOMEN? I know many women who are the "wiser" partner in their marital relationships. Men are surely not wiser simply because they own a penis...

I appreciate that men - especially traditional ones - want to adopt the protector role, but don't you think it infantilizes women, even just a little?

Obviously not all WOMEN...For example the fact that you are very cautious of meeting people online tells me you don't trust very easily..which is a very good thing IMO..because this is internet and a lot of guys are very good actors...The thing is most women are not like you..In fact, i've met many who are the total opposite.

GIRLS may not know what is best for them, but WOMEN? I know many women who are the "wiser" partner in their marital relationships. Men are surely not wiser simply because they own a penis...

I appreciate that men - especially traditional ones - want to adopt the protector role, but don't you think it infantilizes women, even just a little?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Pat Condell has been trying to make a name for himself with these internet rants for a while now. That's a good one, Grib posted.

Remember tho, this guy is a comedian. He's a professional pot-stirrer. Similar to that US comedian who died a while back (forgot his name). Anyway, both funny as hell, both tell it like it is.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    George Carlin.

The world needs more comedians. They seem to be the only ones willing or able to speak their minds without compromise. No pandering to the masses, no cowering before the self-righteous.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Swimming suit by Dolce Arabba

And about mosque. I`ve read in the news yesterday that some czech polititians disagree to build mosques in Czech Republic saying they don`t want to do the same mistake that western countries did. They`ve used a good point,saying :Why we should build moques for muslims? Do Arabic countries have churches?

Yeah do they? I guess mostly not , if they have them at all...
    I wazzzz here

^^thats ridiculous about the czech republic. do they want more trouble? more racism? they should be able to show their maturity and freedom of their country to embrace them. the individual muslims have enough to deal within the country by being foreigners, why punish them further. These people likely went to that country to enjoy the freedom they don’t have in Arabic countries. Really that is pathetic. If they don’t want the same problems as the UK then they should structure society in a more spread out way like here in Ireland. Social housing are in every area of the country no matter how posh and therefore no ghetto’s are formed. Really how firkin immature of that politician, he shouldn’t have been voted in, waste of space as usual with world leaders
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 29-07-09 at 07:27 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ok let`s take France as a good example,btw very good.
    There is a LOT of muslims . Just a lot a lot a lot. They easily call everybody rasists , but nobody is able to call them rasists. Media and politicians, nobody talk abot the churches being destroyed by muslims . But if a small harm happens to A one muslim , there is a big scandal in tv etc etc.
    Don`t say it`s not true because it is so. But for France is already to late, it`s also their mistake that they have let them rule like it is their own country.
    They are running to be free? Come on. If they want to run they can run to other arabic countries ,like morocco or something. They still could go to mosques and be free. But if they come to european countries, why should WE change for them? THEY should change for US if they want to live in OUR countries. It is like that. Guest never should have more rights than the owner...
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    Ok let`s take France as a good example,btw very good.
    There is a LOT of muslims . Just a lot a lot a lot. They easily call everybody rasists , but nobody is able to call them rasists. Media and politicians, nobody talk abot the churches being destroyed by muslims . But if a small harm happens to A one muslim , there is a big scandal in tv etc etc.
    Don`t say it`s not true because it is so. But for France is already to late, it`s also their mistake that they have let them rule like it is their own country.
    They are running to be free? Come on. If they want to run they can run to other arabic countries ,like morocco or something. They still could go to mosques and be free. But if they come to european countries, why should WE change for them? THEY should change for US if they want to live in OUR countries. It is like that. Guest never should have more rights than the owner...
    wow petit, just wow,

they should be made welcome tho right? i agree that minority groups take advantage of the racism card when it suits them, but it's not as if they are all Arabic in the houses of parliament now is it? these countries are still run by white guys in suits who create the laws. not very many are likely to be muslim. freedom of religion should always be tolerated and measures by these white guys should be taken to appease their own people as well as the foreigners who become citizens, just because they look different doesn’t mean they are different in education etc, they may have spent their whole lives within the same system, you are assuming that all the Arabs are foreigners.

its immature to approach this situation with intolerance and it will create tension which will in turn create more racism and oppression of muslims around the world. it's outrageous that humans still fall for this shit
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 29-07-09 at 08:45 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast