+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Apologists for Evil

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Apologists for Evil

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4FpTvp0tgs"]YouTube - Apologists for evil[/ame]
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

lol that made me snort with laughter. tbh why is he making it *his* fight? i get his perspective because yes women when they visit Muslim countries they are gawked at and made feel uncomfortable unless they abide by their rules of covering their hair. i think the it's ok to expect the same respect here to live like we do without the burqa. it's slightly egotistical to think he has the overall say on what is right and wrong. they have been wearing the burqa for thousands of years since even before the inception of the Muslim religion. it could be considered traditional that can be eliminated if that's what *they* want. but is it really up to *him* to make that judgment?

also how can *he* possibly know whether the women don't want to wear the burqa. i would have loved to hide behind the burqa when i was a spotty teen with massive boobs men glared at with my messing greasy hair. i tell ya, he is making major assumptions here. and the women who don't want to wear it that live in *his* freee country where it is not the *law* to wear it, don't have to. so why ban it?
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 29-07-09 at 01:49 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree that the left has in many ways gone too far. Both parties have adopted polarized positions.

I miss moderacy.

Oh, and I hate burqas. That said, I think there are bigger problems to be dealt with in the M.E. than the burqa.

Holy shit...Some of this guy's points are so stupid..The muslim guys think that a woman should be raped if she's not wearing proper clothes..WTF? Very few muslim guys think that way...Also the guys who think that way, maybe they get it from someplace...Why don't you find stats on how many women in US get raped by either their partners or once they go out and meet a guy at a club or party..This guy needs to go and learn more about REAL Islam.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What's the point of the burqa, Asip? Why are women expected to wear it?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

The point of it is not to reveal your face/body while you're in public. Women are expected to wear it because as you and i both know how guys are and Islam you should only be sexually visible to your man...If they see a girl that shows a lot of skin, some guys don't just imagine, some guys take things into their own hands.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    What's the point of the burqa, Asip? Why are women expected to wear it?
    It IS to prevent men from becoming aroused. The orthodox jewish women have similar restrictions. My rabbi (female) told me they had to be covered down to the wrist because a bent arm looks like an ass, and the men would get aroused.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Exactly. Apparently Islamic men (and I suppose some Jewish men with elbow fetishes) are incapable of controlling their sexual urges.

The burqa is filth. It's a weak attempt at shifting the blame away from vile rapists and onto women. I'm sorry, I absolutely agree with Condell.

I have no respect for any woman who would willingly subject herself to such an indignity and I am overtly hostile toward any male (I don't say man because being a man involves more than owning a penis) who would expect a woman to dress in such a way because he and his fellows have the restraint and self-control of stray dogs.

I don't care about culture or tradition. It's sickening and misogynistic. It is offensive. It should be looked down on in the same way as other emblems of hate and ignorance.

But that's not really the point of the video and it's not why I felt the need to share.
    Last edited by Gribble; 29-07-09 at 02:12 AM.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That picture tells everything...

I think deep in their hearts, they envy the couple on the left.
    I wazzzz here

Hey Gribble, i don't think Islam is perfect, no religion is...I take certain things from it and use it as a guide to live my life the best possible way. I think there's also something wrong when a person who doesn't believe in much pretends to know a whole lot. When you have the attitude such as "anything goes", there's something seriously wrong with that. Everything in life has rules that when broken someone faces the consequences, i think it will always stay that way.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I believe in a great deal. Prime among my beliefs is the importance of taking responsibility for one's actions.

Women are wonderful. They're beautiful and delicate. Their bodies are works of art. I want every other woman I encounter. Do you know how many women I've forced myself on? How many I've even considered forcing myself on? None. I'd sooner castrate myself.

You're right about one thing: not everything goes. Violence against women doesn't "go". Justifying it because you're a guy and we all "know what guys are like" doesn't go. I'm sick of that way of thinking. Label me an "Islamaphobe" if it makes you happy.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

Oh man what happened to your good arguments, Gribble? How can you go against man's natural instinct? If you had a wife and she wore a tiny skirt and let her boobs show so much..and you went out and some guy was coming onto her and she liked it..Would you just watch? Wait let me guess, you're one of those guys who loves seeing your woman with another man? It turns you on...Would you not be man enough and tell her that she should dress appropriately or get lost? You guys are so funny..i swear..Your women are being taken over by black guys, arab guys and because you've lost both your penis and your mind, you can't tell which direction to take so you just keep talking on how we need more rights and so on...

Asip, how much is too much? Apparently in Islam, it's an ankle. We're not talking about boobs hanging out here. We're talking about elbows. I don't like seeing women running around dressed like Hooters girls either, but the burqa is disgusting. Look at it this way: what would you think if there were a religion that required that women dress like whores because that religion taught that all women are just vessels for making more babies and beyond that only serve to meet the needs of men? Would you find it objectionable that they should be forced to dress this way? Would that be more objectionable to you than the reasoning behind it?

Dude, women in Saudi Arabia aren't even allowed to drive cars. There are 13-year-olds in Muslim countries being legally executed for the crime of being raped. If you believe that most of Islam doesn't hate women, how does this system of "justice" remain in place?

Eco, have you ever worn a burqa? From what I understand, they're really difficult to see out of. They're also hella ****ing hot, in the desert, in the summer. I don't think there's anything good about them. What do you think would happen if you tripped over your personal circus tent and fell down, possibly exposing an unacceptable amount of bare leg (let's say three inches of calf)? What do you suppose would happen if a cranky mullah happened to be walking by?

If you wanted to hide your face, you could have worn an Easter Bunny mask. It would have been about as self-respecting as putting on a burqa. Nobody is putting on a burqua every morning because it's what she would want to wear if she were truly free to choose. These women are terribly oppressed.
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 29-07-09 at 05:45 AM.
    Spammer Spanker

I like when a woman dresses in a classy way...As long as it's not slutty i don't care...Giga, how about all the women who come over here and still choose to wear the hijab? They shouldn't feel like they need to do it, yet i see it quite a bit..What's wrong with them? Perhaps they see what's being shown by the media and think it's something wrong? Perhaps its wrong that television and magazines and internet teach young kids that it's ok to do so many ****ed up things even though they're only 13! I think that the media brainwashes so many people and then people do a lot of stupid shit...and then we go looking to fix things someplace else when there are problems in our own backyards we should be focusing on.

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u View Post
    Perhaps its wrong that television and magazines and internet teach young kids that it's ok to do so many ****ed up things even though they're only 13!
    This 13-year-old is not one of those media-influenced kids that did a "bad thing" is she? Or do you, like Islam, think this was her fault?

[url]http://current.com/items/89480052_three-men-rape-13-year-old-girl-girl-stoned-to-death-for-adultery.htm[/url]
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast