+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "I don't want to be friends anymore"

Back off.. leave her be... the more you nag, the more she hates you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BuffRaider View Post
    So, I've been hanging out with this girl I met in one of my classes on and off for about 6 months. We've traded about 100 emails in that period, chatted on messenger. I kinda had the hots for her before we started to become friends, and I really didn't let myself feel that kind of attraction to her, since I'm 10 years older than she is.

We've met up for coffee a bunch of times, many of those times just carrying on for hours of great conversation. We talked about everything over those months. The last time we were together, she mentioned that she had dated an older guy last year (only 2 years younger than me), and that he had kinda acted like a jerk. She went on and on about how she wanted to be wooed, had flowers bought for her, romantic things done. She even talked about the last guy she had sex with and how it was bad because it was like "trying to screw a pringles can". She said she just wanted to have good sex with an average sized guy. I almost stepped in there, and said "I can help you with that", but I kinda just asked if he had been doing the "other things" to get her ready, and she replied that there wasn't much foreplay.

So, we went our separate ways that night. (Looking back I was such a fool for not doing or saying something more) I get to thinking about all the stuff she said, and I get the hint that maybe there's a chance that she sees me as more than a friend. I talk myself into this, and finally get up the guts to actually ask her out on a proper date, so I call. An hour later, I get an email that says "Please leave me alone, I don't want to be friends anymore".

At first I was worried that someone had gotten into her email account and was screwing around, as that had happened to her a while back, but it turned out to be her for real. I have absolutely -no- idea what could have happened in the time between our last get together and her sending that message.

I'm just so damn confused. I've lost my only friend that I can talk to about school, (I just started back after 10 years away) and I thought I was starting to have further feelings toward her. It's just so not in line with her regular behavior. I've sent a couple of emails asking for elaboration, and have gotten no response. My phone calls to her get cut off after one ring (does that mean I'm blocked?. I don't want to be a creepy stalker guy, especially given our age difference, but am I wrong to try to get in touch with her further?

Please, any advice is welcome...
    What I think, she needed a **** body. But since you didn't step in, and later asked her for a date, she no longer sees you as a ****buddy material. Therefore, you both failed and she doesn't want to be a friend anymore since she thinks you feel something towards her.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    What I think, she needed a **** body. But since you didn't step in, and later asked her for a date, she no longer sees you as a ****buddy material. Therefore, you both failed and she doesn't want to be a friend anymore since she thinks you feel something towards her.
    Possibly, only I never even got a chance to ask her out on a real date. I never really allowed myself to show much feeling towards her besides platonic ones. I only came to the conclusion that she was hinting a couple days after the fact, and a week later I got the cryptic email. I'm starting to lean towards the crazy factor on this one, and maybe she's just a completely different person from the one I got to know.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffRaider View Post
    I had a few adult beverages tonight, and sent her a text. I'm getting to the point where I'm more pissed off that she would treat another person this way.

Actual text: I know so little about this newfangled tech. Dunno if you blocked me here too. Keep beating myself up about it all. Would appreciate a response. Even an FU.

This kinda ties back to a couple months ago where I sent her a text, and it was the first one I had actually sent to someone. I -know- tech, but cell phone crap just never seemed like it was worth the premium that carriers charge.

/me crosses his fingers for a reply.
    Are you kidding? You are starting to sound stalkerish. Really.

People do what they do & you can't control them. Maybe you should just focus on your studies?

'Adult beverages'? LOL, are you really in your 30s?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12