+ Follow This Topic

Thread: getting back after two years?

getting back after two years?

i still think about my ex... after two entire years apart.

ive never felt this way about anybody, but i have a strong want to make her mine again.

i haven't had any relationships (or any encounters) in the two years we've been apart... but i know shes dated a lot and had one serious relationship where she fell in love again. but they are now apart.

anyone try to get back with their ex? i know the success rate of couples that get back together is low... but everywhere i go i think about her. i'm always thinking about her. never thought i would become like this.

she is the first girl i've been intimate with... and the first to ever love me. i'm sure those play a factor in all of this but i'm still not over her... i'm in my late 20s if it helps.
    Last edited by adviceneeded; 02-08-09 at 04:22 AM.

She's the first girl you've been intimate with, and you haven't had any encounters for the two years that you've been apart? So she's the only person you've ever been with? Do you really think that you're making this decision that she's the one you want to be with enough experience and knowledge? You haven't played the field, you haven't met other women. Are you sure you don't want to be with her, just because you haven't been with anyone else? I guess what I'm trying to ask, do you really have enough perspective on this situation to be sure that she's the one you want to be with?

Go online, go to bars, but find someone you can go on some dates. Date around. And maybe once you start casually seeing some other women, ask your ex for coffee. You'll be in a better place because you won't be putting all your hopes and dreams on whether or not she'll get back together with you. But you've got to get out there, if only to even the playing field. While you two weren't together, she moved on and fell in love with someone else. It's easier said than done to do the same, but you've got to at least try. Join some book clubs, sports teams, a gym, whatever interests you, and meet people.