+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I Cancelled the Date Back to Square One FML =P

I Cancelled the Date Back to Square One FML =P

Okay, so I know I was getting hiped up for this date, but I think I realized I was going to get used so I cancelled and just made something up.

First of all:
    She said she didn't have a car. So, if the date goes bad, I'm stuck with her with no way out. The only thing I can do is leave her at the place, which will make me look like a total asshole. I really don't like driving people around when I'm not in a relationship with them because then I'm responsible for bringing them home (which is bad when the date goes sour).

Second of all:
    She said she had no money, which was a red flag to me. I was like "who tells a guy that? What the ****?" It's like great I have a job and money that I'm saving up and this bitch isn't going to pay for anything in the future. If that's not being used, I don't know what it is. I mean I was willing to pay anyway, but she like slapped this in my face.

Thirdly:
    Well, I checked out her house beforehand just to scope things out, and it looked creepy. Basically, it was the middle of nowhere. I thought great, this will be like the family from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Fourthly:
    I don't think she has much of a future and I wanna be stuck working and taking care of this bitch. I do need someone to care of me. I don't like taking care of people who don't pull their own weight.

Finally:
    when I talked to her on the phone, she mentioned her ex! DING DING! OKAY! F THIS! Nothing lost here babe! Also she said she likes a lot of violent video games and I don't really like violent women because I'm basically a pretty gentle person when I'm not rubbed the wrong way.

I would say to anyone reading this, that these are some warning signs to look out for. I hope people can learn from this. I don't feel bad about cancelling because I wouldn't want to be stuck in a bad situation that I can't get out of. I think it's okay to cancel if you get a bad vibe about it. Just be nice about it.

On first dates, I think it's important to be around lots of people rather than being isolated because you don't know what can happen. There's a lot of weird shit out there.

I also think it's important to scope things out before the actual date. If things don't look right, they probably aren't. Survival tip #1. And I'm pretty big on survival. If it will keep me alive another day, I'm fine with it. =P

A lot of people say don't judge a book by it's cover. Well, sometimes you need to so you're not dating a psychopath.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eh. You sound like a douchebag yourself. You two were meant for each other.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

She could have been born with a silver spoon in her mouth and trying to function as a normal person, looking for that one true love in her life who wouldn't judge her for her many of billions of dollars held in escrow, nor not listen to her story and her aspirations.

Raze, you probably really stuffed up here.

Yeah, you're probably right, I just wasn't feeling comfortable with it. If I did mess up, I'll just move on. I don't like being isolated on a first date especially since we met on the internet. I like being in a wide, open environment and I like to plan exit strategies in case the worst happens. It's not like I planned on being in a relationship. And all this talk about the one is starting to freak me out a bit. I don't think there is one person out there, but many people. I'm not at all guilty about the decision I made.

If I was a douchebag, I wouldn't have put it in a nice way to her or I would have stood her up. Would you prefer I did that instead since I'm such a douchebag?

I wish people would lay off the judgements a little. Sheesh. You say one thing wrong and people call you a bastard. Lighten up people sheeeesh. I don't find anything wrong with being cautious when it comes to dating. If you say you aren't cautious yourself when it comes to dating then you are a hypocrit on so many levels.
    Last edited by Raze; 03-08-09 at 09:19 AM.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Scouting the chick's house before your first date is creepy. Referring to her as a bitch is crappy. Combined it kind of makes you out to be a douche. Even I, heartless asshole that I am, wouldn't cancel a date I'd made short of an emergency.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Gribble, just shutup. I'm not here to please you so save your breath. Get off your soap box. I'm not really into your self-righteousness.
    Last edited by Raze; 03-08-09 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Scouting the chick's house before your first date is creepy. Referring to her as a bitch is crappy. Combined it kind of makes you out to be a douche. Even I, heartless asshole that I am, wouldn't cancel a date I'd made short of an emergency.
    Dude, you judge me too much. Listen, I only went to her house so I knew how to get there flawlessly. I didn't want to cause any accidents on the way nor did I want to cause any accidents any where. I'm not a stalker. You are completely judgemental, it's not even funny.

You judge me and you have no basis for it whatsoever. I'm not a bad guy, I just want to be safe. You judge me as a douche and that offends me a lot because I am not a douche. I called her that because well a girl that says that is obviously using me and I can say what I want because I am no longer in contact. I don't like being manipulated and you have no basis for your justification whatsoever.

Sit on your soapbox, weep, and enjoy us who want to go on with our lives you effin prick. You are being a prick on so many levels its not even funny. Picking a fight with me on a message board is not the way to go. I'm a douche and you're an asshole, at least I'm not the asshole, I'd rather be the douche that puts you in your place.
    Last edited by Raze; 03-08-09 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    She could have been born with a silver spoon in her mouth and trying to function as a normal person, looking for that one true love in her life who wouldn't judge her for her many of billions of dollars held in escrow, nor not listen to her story and her aspirations.

Raze, you probably really stuffed up here.
    Oh shut up. Please. I date for my own self protection. And so does everyone else. I'm not judging anyone. I felt uncomfortable, end of story. I can say what I want because I'm not longer in contact. You are judging on such an extreme level. It's not like that, believe me. You are basically telling me that I should date even when I'm uncomfortable. You have no logic, just end it. You have hopeless romantic syndrom as do I. I probably gave it to you. Oh well. My case isn't as extreme as yours. I know when to call it quits.
    Last edited by Raze; 03-08-09 at 01:28 PM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I called you a douche. Considering what I normally call people that's almost a compliment. Calm the **** down, Corky. Christ. I take it back. You're not a douche. You're just plain nutso.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

s_b is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Just read your post on another thread "Is it possible to fall in love this way"....

This was about expectations, imagining and dreaming of an ideal partner - you were kinda certain about her. Couple days later, you are dead certain that she's a bad'un.

Common feature in all of this - no actual reality. No meeting her, talking to her and then making a judgment call. I think if you've made the effort to make a date, at least go through with it...and then decide whether to take things further or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    Oh shut up. Please. I date for my own self protection. And so does everyone else. I'm not judging anyone. I felt uncomfortable, end of story. I can say what I want because I'm not longer in contact. You are judging on such an extreme level. It's not like that, believe me. You are basically telling me that I should date even when I'm uncomfortable. You have no logic, just end it. You have hopeless romantic syndrom as do I. I probably gave it to you. Oh well. My case isn't as extreme as yours. I know when to call it quits.
    Do you huff paint, petrol, or glue by chance?

My silver spoon billionaire hiding in a shack example was an obvious facetious remark.