+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I contact my Ex Long-distance girlfriend?

Should I contact my Ex Long-distance girlfriend?

Approximately 1 year ago I came out of a long distance relationship. We had a great amount in common and we enjoyed each others company very much. We would visit each others home cities, meet in other cities for long breaks in both Europe and in the US and we would be in contact daily for the time that we were apart. It was hard work but we certainly had deep feelings for each other for it to last so long (over 3 years) and to see each other so much considering the extremely long distance.

At the end of those 3 years I suggested that I would be prepared to drop my life in London and move closer to her to see if we could make it into something more. I think she was quite daunted by that thought and understandably would have been under a lot of pressure. She perhaps had doubts that I would be loosing a life here if it did not work out. So inevitably we came to a decision of both moving on.

Since then I have been seeing and dating other girls with some good and not so good results. But I have not yet met anyone that would compare to this girl. I am very active in that I take my work seriously, have a lot of interests, hobbies and a good social life and I have been very determined to move on. However I still think about her daily and I miss her very much as I am sure that she does me.

We have been in contact in the past year very rarely, only the occasional email and recently I thought that I would remove my ties with her on Facebook thinking that it would maybe help the situation. A mutual friend of ours told me that she had put some pictures up of her and her new boyfriend soon after, which although I am genuinely happy to hear she seems to be doing well, feel sad that I have lost someone I care about very much, probably my best friend if nothing else.

Should I contact her and if so what should I say? Or should I just let it be and continue the way I am. I’m not sure I should elicit any thoughts that I am still not over her.

Any comments welcomed :o)

It sounds like she's moving on, slowly. I think this is healthy, since you're broken up now. What would your reasons be for contacting her?
    Spammer Spanker