+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why do you always want what we can't have but once we have it, we no longer want it.

Why do you always want what we can't have but once we have it, we no longer want it.

I am currently 20 years old. I am male and in decent shape. I have had my fair share of relationships and a fairly active sex life. Here is my problem though.

Last night, my ex girlfriend came home from Germany. She is a parametric in the US Army. For the past month, I have been dying to see her, I have wanted to be with her so bad! So, last night, we went out after her family get together and all I could think about was how beautiful she was and how lucky I was to be with her. He decided to rent a movie, we got a bit of the way threw it and we got "distracted" from the movie. Before it could go too far though...I said something really stupid and dumb, oh man I regret it...I said, "lets rewind the movie and watch it." As soon as I said that, I felt like the biggest asshole ever, but she went back a few scenes and the curled up on top of me a when to sleep...I think she cried a little bit. I feel like the worst person in the world but all I could think about was how much I wanted to just leave...which is what I ended up doing once she when to sleep. I left her a note saying good bye and too call me and all that good junk but man!

Anyways, tonight, we are going out to eat...and I think she is still thinking we can have a boyfriend/girlfriend type thing...but I just don't want it any more.

Is there something wrong with me? Why did I want her so bad and then try to loose her so quick. I know once she leaves again I will want to be with her again.

you are still immature...

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, they say.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    stop being a d**k and stop stringing her along.

Tug is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Your the only one that knows what was going through your mind and how you really feel about this person. If I were you I'd do some soul searching and ask yourself if this is the right person for you and if you still want to spend time with her. If not than be a man and tell her that your feelings have changed.

Yes, be a man is right on point. You are young but you are an adult nonetheless. When dealing with other's emotions, especially women's please tread lightly and if you continue to find yourself only wanting what you cant have, then you need to find out what is is you want BEFORE you make more women cry. What is important to you? What about yourself do you take pride in? Look for these attributes in the women you seek, you have so much time to find someone, so find your identity and better yourself, and in the MEANTIME always be honest with the women you see, its better to make a girl sniffle for an hour than it is to make her mourn you for months and you may just avoid slashed tires, crazy guy friends of theirs, and o yeah - BEING A DOUCHE!

I don't always want what you can't have. Your wording is really weird.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Last night I found out she was preggers...not my baby. I know this may sound weird, but I think I was able to tell that she was "in trouble" which is maybe why I didn't want to be too close. Now that I know what going on, I feel way better about her and I.

Yeah, you're just immature. You will learn in time that loving what you can't have is really stupid and you will never find anyone that way. A lot of one night stands are caused that way. You get tired of them easily. It's healther to love what you can have.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Like I said, we didn't get that far...sex was interrupted by disinterest. So it wasn't a one night stand...shoot, I have been with her every night since Sunday.

No, I didn't say that for all situations. You lost interest in her because you found out she was "ordinary" and actually not as great as you thought she was because you were basically putting the pussy pedastool. You were seeing her as a goddess-like woman because you couldn't have her. Then, when you did, you felt shame because you realized "oh shit! why did I put all that effort into being with her when she's actually pretty dull?" I said a lot of one night stands are caused by that.. not all. What you are feeling now is shame. What you did was immature and you probably didn't know any better.

If you're disinterested in her now, stop strining her along for her sanity as well as your own.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

I agree... please don't string her along.
    It is guys that can't make up there minds that drives so many chicks crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana4EM View Post
    Last night I found out she was preggers...not my baby. I know this may sound weird, but I think I was able to tell that she was "in trouble" which is maybe why I didn't want to be too close. Now that I know what going on, I feel way better about her and I.
    This post is weird.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Women should not be in the army. She cried a little. Good on her for crying. Are you gay ? Just asking, because it seems like you are a homo.

Quote Originally Posted by BoredGeorge View Post
    Women should not be in the army. She cried a little. Good on her for crying. Are you gay ? Just asking, because it seems like you are a homo.
    Women should not be in the army? ........................................... I think George is living in the wrong century.