+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would girls consider dating ugly guys?!

Just yesterday i saw this really cute Canadian blonde girl with a ugliest monkey homeless man. They were making out

Quote Originally Posted by thrillaveza View Post
    i also have heard in my psychology of human sexuality class, that some girls enjoy dating/keeping a relationship with ugly guys cause they know that they won't cheat(which i think is kind of messed up but true).
    The replies by the women on this thread provide a lot of evidence of that study being basically true.

Women are shallow creatures for the most part. They want to look down on a man but keep him. Sort of the same mentality of stripping.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Being with someone who isn't perfect doesn't equate to looking down on them. I'm not perfect. I don't think my fiance looks down on me for it, nor do I with him.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Being with someone who isn't perfect doesn't equate to looking down on them. I'm not perfect. I don't think my fiance looks down on me for it, nor do I with him.

Good looking women look for ugly men because they won't cheat on them.

Nice Guy, have you got Asperger's or something?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    NiceGuy isn't an aspie. LOL. His posts are too short, for one thing.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

i think the thing about overweight men isn't so much just the looks of it, as what kind of statement it makes about them as a person. to me a person who is overweight ( and i'm not talking about someone with a few healthy extra pounds, i'm talking about can't climb a flight of stairs overweight) is a person who either isn't driven enough to loose it, likes to indulge themselves, has not self control, OR of course there are always health reasons. none of which are desirable traits when considering someone for a possible relationship. so when you ask if girls care more about looks or personality, i'd say both. but in a way they are one. personality reflects on looks and how we perceive each other, and looks can tell us about the person underneath. yes we've all heard the "don't judge a book by it's cover", but lets face it once we get passed the whole "don't be shallow" philosophy, we can all recognize the fact that looking into an intense pair of eyes will make one person shudder with fear while set another persons heart on fire. why? because of the personality trait we associate with them, and our own taste in regard to this trait. anyways that's my two cents on that. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Mish is right.

I'd date an overweight or extremely skinny guy if he was funny and goodhearted and intelligent.
    Yea, women annoy me when they say intelligent because to them the meaning of that is successful and rich. Intelligence doesn't actually mean that. Stop using it girls.

I once told my friend that the women here are ugly and he said "Boy are you in trouble with such a high standard in looks, you should look more at the personality"...I said "in that case I am than REALLY in trouble if I have to look at a woman's personality for they all are boring and have less wisdom than a brick"
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 06-08-09 at 04:23 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I think girls are pretty open about looks.

I have dated all shapes and forms. However, some physical things could turn me off: bad hygiene, that he is much shorter than me, ...

Personality is huge for me. I can fall in love and be attracted to almost any shape, just because of the personality wins me over.

Many women would like to date Leonard Cohen, and he's not exactly mommies pretiest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by IamDeath View Post
    Just yesterday i saw this really cute Canadian blonde girl with a ugliest monkey homeless man. They were making out
    I bet the chick was really hammered.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    People seem to end up with other people roughly equivalent in looks.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    People seem to end up with other people roughly equivalent in looks.
    Not true. Are you kidding me? I've seen ugly guys with supermodel women. I've seen ugly girls with good-looking guys. I've seen smaller guys with taller guys. I've seen really short girls with really talls guys. I've seen fat guys with annorexic girls. I've seen fat girls with annorexic guys. I've seen good-looking guys with ugly guys. I've seen hot girls with ugly girls.

Do you get all your information from People Magazine?
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    Not true. Are you kidding me? I've seen ugly guys with supermodel women. I've seen ugly girls with good-looking guys. I've seen smaller guys with taller guys. I've seen really short girls with really talls guys. I've seen fat guys with annorexic girls. I've seen fat girls with annorexic guys. I've seen good-looking guys with ugly guys. I've seen hot girls with ugly girls.

Do you get all your information from People Magazine?
    But they aren't usually marrying them, Raze.

I think CB isn't referring to dating, but relationships. And not celebrity ones. People who are exceptional (rich, very successful) can attract an above average mate.

I agree with CB. In general, people end up with their approximate equal. Why would you expect anything else?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    But they aren't usually marrying them, Raze.

I think CB isn't referring to dating, but relationships. And not celebrity ones. People who are exceptional (rich, very successful) can attract an above average mate.

I agree with CB. In general, people end up with their approximate equal. Why would you expect anything else?
    Yeah, that's actually a really good point. I can't argue with that. Except for the fact that the divorce rate is so damn high, but that's a different story all together. So, I guess I agree with that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast