+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr.Wonderful?

Mr.Wonderful?

So at the advice of many of my friends here I called and left Peter a message - I kept it very light-hearted (I kept it about basketball.) and the next day as I am getting ready to DD a group of Marines - - - HE CALLED!!!!

We talked basketball for a few minutes and then he said that he had to go and he would call me back. He called back promptly the next day and said he wanted to see if I wanted to meet him halfway between here and Panama city (3 hours away) - - I was so excited but sadly I couldn't - I was at church getting ready to run power point for the service. He was very understanding and asked me to call him after the service.

After the service I helped Andy load all his gear up (as I do every Saturday) and then I got into my car and called Peter. He had realized he couldn't have met me halfway as he had work in the morning and didn't have everything ready. So we chatted for a while and then I told him I would call him the next day.

I didn't call right away but I called that evening and we talked for a little over half an hour. He talked about making a game out of meeting in the middle. (He hadn't thought it all out yet.) but the fact he was talking about wanting to see me on a REGULAR basis had me practically doing backflips!

He said soooo many cute things - he actually asks questions and acts like he's interested in me. He said that he has thought about me.

Yep, it's early Monday morning but I am pretty pumped up! Whooo hoooo!

I think he likes me!
    Last edited by jslaughter; 20-07-04 at 02:08 AM.

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

Thats awesome babe! Definitely sounds like he's pretty into you. And waiting until evening to call was a GOOD move. Because you called like you said you would, but you didn't make it look like it was your day's first priority. Yay for you!
    Cinderella said to Snow White
    "How does love get so off course
    All I wanted was a white knight
    With a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset
    [URL=http://dizzygirl.net]Baby I'm forever yours[/URL]"

BUT I do have a question . . .every time we talked this weekend one of us took the initative to say "I'll call you later" last night we didn't - so should I wait for him to call? And if so how long?

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

You can call him. If he digs you and the feelings are mutual, he shouldn't be wierded out by you calling him. Now if you call him 3 times a day just to say "Hi. So watcha thinking about?" Then he might wonder. But just to call first to say hello? No problem. Go ahead and let him figure out that you're interested in him. :-)
    3 out of 2 people have problems with fractions.

I would wait a day or two before you actually call.

meh - there really is no good advice - you either call him today and he thinks your all smothering him - or you wait a few days and he looses interest. No one will ever know until you do something.

Risk. Try it every now and then.

ring now!! take my advice dont loose a chance like that. it doesnt sound like he would mind and its only once. he will probably be thinking exactly the same thing as u r.

he may even be releaved when u ring him.
    - Claire -

Girl you know my advice here! CALL HIM! like in a day or two! And the meeting half way thing is well lots of fun! HEs interested and you know what to do as sooon as well you know...
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Agreed.. call him and if you want to wait a day or two fine.. but it sounds like he digs you. IMHO .. I think you could call him whenever you wanted to.

Meeting in the middle is awesome. Find a way to really break the ice. Do something fun!
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

How did it go?

I still say wait one or two days. If he's really interested, which it seems like he is, he isn't going to lose interest because you don't call him every day. good luck!

I opted to not call last night - mostly because I was extremely busy and by the time I sat down it was after 9 (I don't ever call anyone after 9 until I know their schedule and feel really comfortable with them.) But yeah I might call tonight or tomorrow.

I would have lost interest by now and/or thought you had lost interest in me by now if I was him...

But then again I would have called you last night anyways. But meh - we are all different.

Good luck !

i still have the same opinion!!

ring him, ring him, ring him!!!

lol
    - Claire -

I want him to know that I am interested because without a doubt I am BUT I don't want to appear clingy . . .how do you strike that balance?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast