+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unconditional love

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    ^^
    If your significant other cheated on you with your sibling and beat your child to death, would you still love him?
    If my partner killed my child and had sex with my sibling (which would never happen because I don't choose mentally ill people to be with)
    I would forgive them for what they did not because they were remorseful (because this is irrelevant) but the fact of
    the matter is I would not want to be with that person in a committed relationship any longer.
    They broke their commitment and their vows. They murdered an innocent.
    Unconditional love doesn't mean you take whatever someone does in stride and allow them to do it again.

It means you CHOOSE your partner wisely so that when you open up to them: they don't intentionally hurt you by doing so.
    No one accidentally sleeps with another person: this is an excuse and a cop out to avoid responsibility.
    You can accidentally kill someone IF it was truly an accident. If it was premeditated -it means good bye.

The truth is: We all have tolerance levels and they are all different.
    I can appreciate the good in someone while not holding the bad in them: against them.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    ha! a clear example of someone who doesn't know shit about love.
    Clearly. Please enlighten me with your intellect and vast knowledge concerning shit and it's true origin...

I just have to ask.
    Why are you so angry?
    Did someone hurt you?
    Have you never experienced real love -so your only alternative is to HATE someone else's point of view concerning it?

By the way. Nice sig. Nothing more could ever convey your knowledge of love than being a hustla!
    Last edited by SelflessnHumble; 16-01-11 at 02:57 PM.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah right, don't give us shit lol. Now you're trying to defend your stupid posts ,cause you know anyway, you were wrong. Just stop talking at best.
    I wazzzz here

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    If my partner killed my child and had sex with my sibling (which would never happen because I don't choose mentally ill people to be with)
    I would forgive them for what they did not because they were remorseful (because this is irrelevant) but the fact of
    the matter is I would not want to be with that person in a committed relationship any longer.
    They broke their commitment and their vows. They murdered an innocent.
    Unconditional love doesn't mean you take whatever someone does in stride and allow them to do it again.

It means you CHOOSE your partner wisely so that when you open up to them: they don't intentionally hurt you by doing so.
    No one accidentally sleeps with another person: this is an excuse and a cop out to avoid responsibility.
    You can accidentally kill someone IF it was truly an accident. If it was premeditated -it means good bye.

The truth is: We all have tolerance levels and they are all different.
    I can appreciate the good in someone while not holding the bad in them: against them.
    Yes, but you didn't answer my question. Would you still LOVE them, or is your love conditional that your partner not behave this way?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    Yeah right, don't give us shit lol. Now you're trying to defend your stupid posts ,cause you know anyway, you were wrong. Just stop talking at best.
    Go on then....I'll patiently wait for you to google up a defense that doesn't involve ad hominems like:
    caca poo-poo, pee-pee face, big fat meanie, calling people's posts stupid, and any other insults you can
    write down as you hear them from your toddler...

So let me see here, YOU and mi gorda bella can "give me shit" and I'm supposed to sit here
    and take it? This isn't grade school and bricks don't kick back.

Yes, but you didn't answer my question. Would you still LOVE them, or is your love conditional that your partner not behave this way?
    Your interpretation side steps the underlying causality of what you hypothesized...You too avoided my questions as well.

Premeditated murder=Good bye no question...THIS tells me they never loved me, nor our child that we co-created AND
    she didn't have any values to honor out commitment via adultery..She broke the bond with her actions:
    I'm free to go. Of course love is organic and it CAN change.

Not everything is black and white as you seem to think it is: especially love. or U.L.
    There are behaviors I don't consider expectations because: (in my world)

Good people should feel compelled to trust, love, honor and respect one another period.
    If they don't: cool. I don't need these depressed, angry and bitter people in my life.

I have standards. If I meet someone who doesn't agree with them nor hold them in high regard: cool.
    I don't have to give them my love: (hence it's a gift) not a requirement, not an expectation.

To answer your question would I still love them? of course I would!
    My love for someone cannot be turned off like a light switch (no matter their transgression)
    ...HOWEVER this is where one of my many faculties automatically turns on...and where logical
    thinking/and deductive reasoning take the wheel and supersede an "emotion" like love.

Self preservation and common sense overtake (by choice) my psyche to make the appropriate decision regardless
    of my feelings, emotions and/or thoughts in any attempt to excuse or appease their choices THEY made.

Would I choose to support them? No.
    I would still communicate with them just to find out the reasoning behind the murder and infidelity.
    Once I've found closure either through their admission (or not) I move on with my life: not looking back...
    While mourning my loss of my child-this may never subside in my mind but my once unconditional love bond
    with that psychotic and twisted woman was severed the moment she chose to kill. I cannot love a murderer.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post

To answer your question would I still love them? of course I would!
    This was the only portion that was relevant to my question.

You kind of remind me of Grkscorp, an old poster. He was very chatty, too.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Actually... I believe unconditional love too...

It's like.. although he/she know that his/her effort will bring no result, he/she still willing to sacrifice for the person.. And, he/she won't let the person know that how much he/she has sacrificed for the person...

just that I am not sure whether it can last how long, but happy at the moment is the most important

This was the only portion that was relevant to my question.

You kind of remind me of Grkscorp, an old poster. He was very chatty, too.
    Sorry about that Vashti! I just wanted you to understand my point of view.
    Next time I will be more efficient at stating an answer...

Quote Originally Posted by billybui119 View Post
    There are many wonderful definitions of this kind of love ,but the most attracting to me is this , a love without any reservation , absolute love .
    Do you believe in such love , or better said ,do you believe that a person may be able to love that way ?
    Have you ever loved unconditionally someone ? Do you still love that person?
    Do you know a love story that may fall into this category ?

I believe it, unconditional love. As I've read below the love of the parents, yes! That's one of the best examples of an unconditional love. Even though we may think that our parents are too strict or something even though our parents tell us when they are angry that "I hate you" but deep within their hearts they love us more than anything. That's the nature of a parent no one can ever change that. Just like GOD, even though we are sinners God still love us unconditionally, He gave His life for us.

Well, for relationships. I can say that this is really possible, I can't consider myself as one but nearly I think. It's just that, situations brought me with the decision of forgetting the one I love, but my love is "unconditional" whatever may be the reason, I can't let go. It's just that, he's the only one that my heart always beat for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12