+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is there still a chance?

In my seat at home or at a computer in school

Is there still a chance?

We started seeing each in April and had a really good relationship. About a month in I moved in with her because I didn't like the student accomodation i was living at, but it was only temporary as I would be moving back out in september when the Uni year starts again.

Heres the problem though, Im away on holiday since mid July till literally the end of august with family, thats seven weeks away from her and inevitibly we both started thinking. She's 22 and I'm 21, because I started University late I'm only in my second year but she is already in her fourth and final year. I know she is worried that our relationship might not work due to this fact and on top we haven't spoke properly since two weeks ago.

I tried keeping some contact by texting her a good morning every now and then and she does text back.

Yesterday I found out she has been 'maturing' but she didn't know what she wants. She said she wants to dedicate her last year to Uni and her girlfriends but she doesn't know what to do and its confusing her.

So I thought I'll be the gentleman and told her I will let her go so she won't have to make the decision. And we both promised to stay as good friends.

I was hoping that if I gave her this freedom I might have a chance to get back with her in the future but I'm not so sure now...
    I found out that she text my friends straightaway letting them know we split, I was really annoyed because I wanted to do this myself at my own time and it made me feel as if she thinks this is all a good news to her. Her explanation to this was that she wanted my friends to be there for me, but I'm 4000 miles away from home so how exactly is that being there for me?!
    I asked one of my boys what she said exactly and he said 'she kept it brief just told me you two broke up, you was being a gentleman about it all and she says she guessed it just wasn't meant to be'

'Wasn't meant to be'...this kept ringin in my ears and I just don't know...have a made a bad decision by letting her go now? and not waiting for when I get back to Liverpool? Have I lost her for good?
    How can it happen when we Loved and cared for each other so much before I boarded that plane and now it just ends with a 'it wasn't meant to be' it sounds like she wouldn't get back with me and that hurts as I was hoping I will stil have that chance. She goes away tomorrow to Greece with her best mate for two weeks.

SC

A guy here on the girl board but, I thought I'd put my 2 cents in. I just got back together with my ex of a year, after a month and a half of being broke up. I'm similar to you are when it comes to school. And I heard the not meant to be thing, and many many other hurtful things. I'll tell ya there is always hope. But with one condition. You can't keep the hope. I know it sounds silly, but if anythings going to happen it will be because you are a strong, motivated, focused man. Throw off the hurt as soon as possible. I'll tell ya nothing positive has happened with any ex of mine till I wasn't hurt anymore. Honestly I love her, because I wouldn't be with her now if I didn't, but I just threw it away for a while. Focus on you, don't worry about anyone else, and don't worry about what may or may not be "meant to be", things will start happening. And I can guarantee, when your focused on your independent happiness, and your happy all by yourself. Whatever is "meant to be" will be.

In my seat at home or at a computer in school
    I was on twitter just now and one of her updates include this 'cocktails with my best friend! no hot guys back at home '
    I'm actually confused now, does that mean she is already looking for guys, if so I don't know what to believe, did she willingly lets us break because she agrees that education and spending the last year with girlfriends comes first and might affect our relationship, or is she willing to break up because she don't wanna be tied down and wants to go out and meet guys?
    If its the latter I guess I really don't know her as a person.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    is there really no chance
    to start once again?
    i am loving you....

Try, baby try
    To trust in my love again.
    I will be there, I will be there.

Love, your love
    Just shouldn't be thrown away.
    I will be there, I will be there.