+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Wife wants to leave

Wife wants to leave

I have been with my wife since her freshman year in high school, so about 8.5 years. We got married last august, and we have loved each other every step of the way. Recently she tells me that she needs some space because I haven't been spending enough time with her and I have been ignoring her, which is semi-true. I may have a slight case of depression at times. So she heads up to her dads house 2 hours away and stays for four days.

Upon returning she tells me that while she was up there she didn't miss me one bit. She insists that we keep apart for a while until she starts to miss me, meanwhile she is going out with friends and family drinking and partying.

Now she is telling me she wants a divorce and we drifted too far apart, which I blaim partially on our work schedules, but she is right. We have been drifting and seeing less of each other.

No amount of pleading or begging will change her mind. She is camping with her family this entire weak so I havent seen her, I've just been being destroyed by her texts. She just says she only likes me as a friend now and she needs us both to date other people so she can make sure I am the right one for her, which sounds very high-schoolish.

I'm starting to think that it's really over, but I can't give up. I'm becoming more and more unstable and if it wasn't for my mom trying to help I would be in trouble.

So what do you think I should do, and is there any hope for us?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm sorry sweety, but if this marriage is going to work, she has to be willing to be invested in it, and it doesn't sound like she is.

Do you have children?

No, but we have been trying for almost a year, which may also have something to do with this whole mess.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Have you been getting any counseling? Either professionaly or through a religious organization? It seems to me that this would be your only hope...

^^ I agree with the above post.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

I am sorry for your situation. I hope this is not the case but do you suspect another guy involved. For her to go 2 hours away and party and drink sounds a little strange. And the fact that she doest even miss you makes me think. I am not saying this is the case but I just wanted to know if you think its possible

I know for a fact that there isn't another guy... yet

I have suggested counseling and I would love to but she isn't liking it right now. We did have a catholic wedding (her religion) So I think the father will make her since he knows her and her family.

I just didn't see this coming and it all happened so fast. We own two houses, one is a fixer upper which has caused a lot of strain as it is, but everything seemed so normal until she dropped the bomb. I have already called in to work a couple times when my past record is calling in one time a year.

It's so frustrating.

Are you sure? I think there's a good chance that there is another guy. She doesn't seem as invested in the relationship as you are. That sucks man, she sounds like a bitch to me. I hate to see you go through this. I can't imagine how painful it must be. I don't think she cares about you. Just tell her how much you are struggling and if she doesn't understand, then just leave.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.