+ Follow This Topic

Thread: gf talks about ex

gf talks about ex

hey i really like this girl and she likes me too ( i have a stronger feeling for her). this is the first time i have fallen in love with sm1. everytime we talk she mentions about all the fun she had with her ex and how she loved her ex's fake personality and how much she hates him now. this really tends to make me uncomfortable actually and i just listen to her, she is all like " i dont have feelings for any1" i can understand that ofcourse then she tells me on the phone how much she loves me and she is scared she will lose me, but again she tells me not to love her so much because she believes its maybe infatuation, after that we ended up planning our after marriage plans ( we are only 18), she tells me she loves me too and how i made her smile for the first time in months after her break up and how i entered as an angel in her life. she tells me every damn thing about her personal problems too,
    i remember how she blushes when i jus stare at her eyes..
    please help me, i am really confused and sometimes i get a sinking feeling she doesn't like me or something like that. does she really likes me ? its been 1 month we both are into this and not too long b4 her break up ( maybe 3 months)

First of all, how long have you two been together?
    This relationship MIGHT be temporary, yes. It means she thinks more about her ex than you...
    Don't expect anything.

Does she like your fake personality too?
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

well its not fake but yeah she likes me a lot actually, its not been long we have been together for a month only and we hardly met up due to some reasons, she has said me numerous times that she loves me + that she is scared that her heart will be broken 1ce again, not that she thinks more of her ex, i remember her telling me that she was missing me a lot. she asked me for some time, i can actually feel the vibe that she likes me too because of her blushing, excitement when we meet, telling me everything, every damn secret but her double talk jus recently like telling that i have infatuation scares me

She's insecure, hurt and confused, and still partialy living in the past.

I suggest to back off and not talk about things like love, future, etc...

Just be a good friend. Let her blab. That's what she needs most right now. Don't get to deeply involved with her, you may get dumped in a split second, because, like it or not, you're being used (intentionaly or not) to get over her past relation and as a means to boost her self esteem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When someone drags on about their ex in the presence of another person they like, its a BAD sign.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

^^ Yeah, it's a red flag only if they just talk endlessly about their ex. Means they are still thinking about their ex
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

well thx for all ur responses!
    its like when we talk she mentions only 1ce about her ex, not like constantly talking about him. well i am breaking the barrier i am opening a bit, tell u guys what, she has flunked in her 1 of the subjects and being in a conservative society she is very much restricted because of this flunking and we meet up only on sundays and when we meet on sundays she calls me up and tells me how she misses me badly. my confusion is
    she jus happened to tell me yesterday that she ofcourse likes me but she is telling that future is unpredictable like if i like some1 else i should move ahead what is that supposed to mean?
    she also said me that we dont enjoy as much as she sees 1 of her friend enjoying with her bf, i did tell her that i am ready but its on her side that she can meet only on Sundays, she sort of understood that.
    she herself talks future, i never talked to her about future, she many a times talks about future stuffs!!!!!
    an update : she likes me and wants to be with me but she is asking me for some time to get over her ex, what should i do next? sorry but i am really inexperienced and dealing with this tough situation in the first place. should i meet up more often?
    Last edited by excentric; 13-08-09 at 11:45 PM.