+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love poem

Love poem

Hi, just posting on behalf of a friend. She has liked this guy for a while now and we're pretty sure he likes her too, although he has a girlfriend. Anyway, my friend wrote a poem expressing how she feels, ie, thinks about him all the time, really likes him, and wants to know if he feels the same way or not, and gave it to him when he was on his way to work. This was yesterday and she hasn't heard back from him. Does this mean he's not interested and if so, why can't he just tell her and put an end to it. Would you have replied straight away if you liked this girl?

Ummm.. Writing a poem is a big no-no. It's stalkerish. It's okay to write a poem if you've been in a relationship for a while, but not okay to write a poem if you're not in a relationship with a person. It's safe to say that your friend freaked him out.

...And the fact that he is in a relationship with another girl just makes it even more stalkerish. Tell your friend she made a boo boo.

Sources: Personal Experience
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Thanks for your reply Raze. My friend and this guy did actually kiss a while back on one occasion when he told her that he liked her (that's another story...), don't know if this makes it any less stalkerish or different?

That information helps. lol. It's still awkward IMHO.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Forgot to say that in her poem she asks if he's a player who's playing her or if he meant that kiss. She just wants an answer from him. Although she says how much she likes him and thinks about him, she's not coming on too heavy and says she wants to know the truth so she can get on with her life. Surely that's not stalkerish? I myself, can't understand why if it meant nothing, he can't just come back and say so and stop the whole thing.