+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I really like this stranger..

So I really like this stranger..

Yes I really do. She is my classmate during Mon, Wed, and Fri and on Mondays and Wednesdays she sits just behind me.

But you see.. I'm lame and a bashful son of a biatch. I've already been in a conversation with her (well, she tried to talk to me and my friend because she overheard us talking about how much we don't know anything about the quiz) but it ended up being small talk (school related much).

I badly wan't to talk to her but she's a stranger. I wan't to invite her to this bandfest my friend will be having but it will seem obvious that I like her because it's just too random.

Now how do I do this?

And, I'm highly considering telling her friends that I have a crush (how juvenile) on her just so she would notice me and maybe she'd find it cute. Is this a good thing?

Man up! Just talk to her...if you asked me to go to bandfest I would be down! much better than a dinner for the first "get-together"....if she comes there should be enough distraction so that you dont fall into that "weird" state...and if she is not interested, then at least now u know

This is how I would do it if I were trying to talk to someone that is a stranger. I wouldn't talk to her friends, that just invites their opinion into the mix, right off the bat. Just be cool and confident. When you talk to her next about school and what not, toss it into the conversation. Don't invite her... yet. Just let it show how excited you are to go have a good time with your friends. And don't "try" to talk to her, just when the opportunity arises take it. As it draws nearer, she will be doing her thing, you'll have yours. I'm sure it will cross her mind that "man he sounds like he is going to have a lot of fun at that bandfest". After a couple more casual small talk opportunities. Just toss something else about the fest coming up and if she sounds a little excited for ya, tell her something like "your more than welcome to come on out, bring some friends and have a good time"
    Be sure to include her friends because you don't really know her, she doesn't know you, and it will make whatever goes down more fun and comfortable. It could give a good chance to get to know her a little better and see what happens.

YUP I think chaz has made his way around the block a few times

Haha... I like to think I'm a little smooth...

I don't think it's even small talk. Perhaps I meant: I ask a question. She answers, then I say "Oh, okay. Thanks"

Now how am I suppose to fit that in there? But I like your opinion on how I should not tell her friends. But what if their opinion would seem favorable? Still a don't?

nope her friends are ur enemies DONT TALK TO THEM, plus what kind of man would that make you out to be? Gotta go talk to the "gals" na, thats corney Just a simpe how are you today? would start a convo does she know ur name? "Hi I am so-n-so, and u are?" NO FRIENDS, you will have plenty of that if ya do end up hooking up

Para's right about the friends, woo... I'd introduce myself just as she said. And here is a trick when you introduce yourself or ask how she is doing. Ask a little something, just bs talk. Something I've done before is like this. There's a cute girl in class, I notice she is wearing a sorority t-shirt. I say, "hey I'm Chaz, whats your name?", she responds. I make a smart ass remark with a grin like "ohh your a tri-delt huh?" and they start talking. If its about school work, I've said something like "you did that wrong" or "you sure bout that?"(didn't matter if her answer was really right or not) it just gets them to start talking. Just let her talk... you smile, keep eye contact while she speaks, and be cool. Don't start talking about yourself, let her ask. Don't say to much. Just go with the flow.

YES I CAN! YES I CAN! YES I CAN!

Lol. But I really will. Fo sho! Big thanks!

Now, when is the right time to add her on Facebook? And ask her for her number?

Man up, bud! You can do it!
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Best case scenario. Is you do nothing when it comes to those things. I'll explain. Don't add her to facebook, let her. If you make the right impression she will. As far as the number. Don't worry about it. When you've talked to her some about whatever, and you've talked about the fest a little the way i said above, or maybe even a future party after the fest. (it doesn't really matter what fun occasion it may be) You mention that her and her friends are welcome to come to whatever it may be, if she really wants to go, she will give you her number or ask for yours. You won't have to ask at all for it. Now how cool would you be then lol.

I like it a lot! Thank you kind sir!

Lastly.. If she happens to have a boyfriend and seems pretty committed, do I still pursue or just move along?

Keep in mind, in my experience, every girl is talking to/thinking about some guy somewhere. So it doesn't really matter and you should for sure work your magic if she isn't in a committed relationship. If she is in a committed relationship, make a friend out of her and don't pursue at all. Drop the "oh i think i like her" stuff. Find another girl to "like". Also be a friend, but not a "good" friend... don't be the shoulder to cry on. If you become a "good" friend, ya won't have much of a chance of anything romantic in the future, in fact I've noticed "good" guy friends often times become rebounds, and being the rebound.. sucks.

Well then I just hope she doesn't have a boyfriend!!

I can't directly ask her she has a boyfriend can I?

No. Never ask about her personal stuff, that will take it right to weird, at least until she is pursuing you, remember it doesn't matter. (also trust me when I say, you'll know when she begins pursuing you) I know it sounds kinda bad. But she's only going to tell ya what she wants to tell ya. And that's all you'll have to go off of. So even if she does have a bf, you don't ask and she doesn't tell ya... Then for all you know she is single...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast