+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Discuss amongst yourselves

Discuss amongst yourselves

Topic of the day:

Why do girls/women "give it up" for the price of dinner and a movie?

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what kind of girls are you hanging out with?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

what kind of cheap hookers have you been hanging around CAM? women don't "give it up" "for" anything, but because they want to. if there is an exchange of services for goods, then it's not a date, it's a business transaction, aka prostitution.

yeah, at least they're not giving it up for nothing.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

They do? When did this happen?
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Topic of the day:

Why do girls/women "give it up" for the price of dinner and a movie?

Prostitution Discount Day?

I think this is misleading... it's not the dinner and movie that illicits a woman to "give it up".... usually it's their emotions towards the guy which motivates them. For some women they become turned on by his show of resources, his appearance, his personality, and/or a combination of these. Also, some women either aren't very bright or lack impulse control and find themselves in the sack with a guy rather quickly... only to realize he wasn't how he was originally perceived.

Other women are not so easily impressed with show of resources or appearance, and are even skeptical of charming personalities as they more curious of how the man really is. In such cases, they are typically very intelligent women who are less inclined to be led astray by impulse. For these women, enticing them involves liking the man for who he is... or she simply won't like him... gimmicks won't work on her.

On the flip side... I guess the question could be asked... "Why to guy's give it up for free or even pay for it via price of dinner and a movie (or more)?"

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I didn't. I wouldn't. I could guess why girls do, but I'd probably be wrong.

LOL on some of the comments. Of course women do this all the time. I think any number of guys here have had this experience.

I wonder why there aren't more men out there who, when presented with such an offer, might explain to the girl why they shouldn't? Any of you here who might?
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 13-08-09 at 07:09 AM.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I have a better question, why do so many guys disrespect their bodies so much and sleep with whoever? Why don't they spend some time getting to know the woman and then share this special moment with someone they truly like as a person and respect?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    I have a better question, why do so many guys disrespect their bodies so much and sleep with whoever? Why don't they spend some time getting to know the woman and then share this special moment with someone they truly like as a person and respect?
    Because on an instinctual level men are given the tools to overcome the barriers that women naturally put up... not the other way around.

What you're asking requires higher degree of awareness and self-control, things that must be learned... and thus takes time to acquire.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't have a problem with the philosophy that casual sex is okay. I only think its a problem when people use it as an excuse for behaviour they aren't really okay with.

Chacun son gout. Mais, soyez conforme.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I dunno, I don't hang out with that kind of women.

Matter of fact, I avoid them like the plague.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I didn't. I wouldn't. I could guess why girls do, but I'd probably be wrong.

LOL on some of the comments. Of course women do this all the time. I think any number of guys here have had this experience.

I wonder why there aren't more men out there who, when presented with such an offer, might explain to the girl why they shouldn't? Any of you here who might?
    I would tell them. I have told them. The women either get either embarrassed or indignant. Those that get embarrassed leave quietly and I never see them again. Those who become indignant usually say, "What are you gay or something?!"

Either way, showing respect never pays off.

The better option is to never call them again. They don't seem to mind. Some other guy with take advantage of them and they'll feel right at home with the treatment.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Either way, showing respect never pays off.
    Cam, I respectfully disagree with you.

Certainly any woman who attacks you is doing so b/c she feels you have judged her. Which you have, of course, but that is her problem to respond that way. I suppose its possible that a fraction of women really do have a very liberal attitude towards sex. Tho I suspect that any woman who is truly that open about her sexuality would find your comment amusing in an anachronistic sort of way. I doubt she'd attack you for it.

But, as for the ones who are embarrassed, you can't say what affect your comment might have. Maybe you are the first 'decent guy' any of these gals have ever experienced. I suggest to you that if your comment causes even one or two of these gals to realize her actions aren't congruent with her true wants, then you have actually done her a valuable service. Naturally she won't appreciate it at the time, but who ever does in those situations?

It sucks to get kicked in the balls for ones standards Cam. I am sorry for that, but there really are people out there who would admire you for it. If I were sitting in the restaurant at the next table and overheard that conversation, I'd be nodding my head with you. Also, its a great model for those young men (Mish, for example), who are likeminded to you.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Alcohol..........

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

CAM says:

"Why do girls/women "give it up" for the price of dinner and a movie?"

I don't know any girls who justify sleeping with a guy b/c he paid for dinner and a movie. If a girl wants to have sex with you, she will give it up regardless of whether you paid for a date.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast