+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Umm.. I just made a life altering desition about 10 minutes ago...

Umm.. I just made a life altering desition about 10 minutes ago...

Yeah. you heard me. In the past 10 minutes I just took the first biggest step of my life. I have always walked down this path looking for something, always searching for something better, soaking up every peice of knowledge that I can along this path. Well, this morning while standing outside my job smoking a cig, I had an epiphany. This job is great that I have, yes. I will evenutually move up the ladder and make even more money than I am now. This is all true. But Its still not as high as I would like to be. Then I was thinking about that site "Hot or Not" and all other dating sites, how to get something that you want, you're gonna have to pay a price. Then thats when it hit me. To make more money and get the things that I truely want out of life, I am gonna have to pay a price.

ITT Tech is the school I have dreamed about since high school to graduate from. I dont really care which area of study I go in for, I am basically good with everything. But if I go to the school and learn more about what I already enjoy doing in my spare time, then I could graduate with a degree and do what I love to do and get paid big bucks for it.

Well, after my smoke break I came back to my desk and called the school and setup an interview date. I will be going on campus on July 31, 2004 at 11:00am CST to tour the campus (visit the labs, etc), speak with the financial aid administrator, and speak with the career service personnel.

The hardest step is always the first one, and I have taken it. Now I just have to get as much financial aid as possible and the rest will be easy. Even if I get loans, I would not mind paying them back after graduating. Or even doing monthly or weekly payments would not be bad.

I will go to school 4 or 5 nights a week after work, and have my weekends to myself to truely rest. I will continue to live at my dads house so that it will be easier on me and my son while I go to school. I will no longer worry about getting a date because I then will not have time for a g/f. I am soo ****ing excited I want to go run around in circles and just scream at the top of my lungs ! God damn it, why didn't I do this sooner ? This is going to be much easier than I had originally thought. It will still be hard because it will physically drain my body to be doing that much work (8 hour work day then going to school for 4 or 6 hours at night). But hell, its what needs to be done and I know it.

I have found my place in this era. This era is not ready to settle down into anything, but it is ready to learn, grow, and progress for the era which is comming.

This is MY time to grow and everyone who thought I could not make it and that have hurt me along my path and pulled me down can just eat my ass and choke on my ass hairs and die. I will prevail. THIS is what has been comming my way tha tI have been waiting for. THIS is my fate. THIS is my life.

Congratulations on your first steps to a higher education!!

ITT Tech is a great Technical school and I am sure you will do very well!

Good Luck Billy! You'll have a great future ahead of you!

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

good luck! it will be a mental and physical chalange but im sure u can handle it.
    - Claire -

Congrats Billy - on taking that first step!

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

thanks everyone !

I cant wait for this stupid interview thingie. I wish I could just walk in and get all the info I wanted, but I can't. They made me schedule an appointment - The main thing I need to find out is about financial aid. No way in hell am I going to be able to pay all of this shit myself. Even in payments its going to be rediculously high. So I need as much crap as I can get. And one good thing is I heard there are alot of grants for single fathers. w00h00 !

But my credit history is shit, and I have gotten a grant in the past which I let burn to shit cause i dropped out of that college. So I really dont know the outcome of this appointment. If I can get my monthly payments lower than the price of a new car's monthly payments (~$300-350/month) then its a definate go to ITT. but if its any higher than that i am ****ed and wont be able to go.

Cross your fingers everyone !! I have never asked for anything from you guys, but I am asking you to pray for me and keep your fingers crossed ! This is what I need in my life, and I'm going to need all the luck to get it.

Congrats! And if you do get student loans, you know you don't start paying them until you are settled into a job, right?
    Cinderella said to Snow White
    "How does love get so off course
    All I wanted was a white knight
    With a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset
    [URL=http://dizzygirl.net]Baby I'm forever yours[/URL]"

Oh cool ! I thought it was you start paying on it right when you graduate.

well, i am going to have to get loans when i go to grad school, and everyone i have spoken to has told me its not until I get a job, so I'm going by what I've been told.
    Cinderella said to Snow White
    "How does love get so off course
    All I wanted was a white knight
    With a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset
    [URL=http://dizzygirl.net]Baby I'm forever yours[/URL]"

well i was never told anything lol ! So now i am going by what you have told me.

I'm on a student loan right now, and yes, you don't have to start paying anything till your out of school..

Tell us how the interview went

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

congrats,

Though i must warn you it is tough when you have a child. I am 3 classes and an internship away from my diploma in medical assisting. I work full time, go to school full time and raise my daughter.

It's been a very hard year and a half. I feel like i missed alot of my girls life, not enough time to play...well you get the point.

Just make sure you are 100% set in doing this.

some school and some aids want the money paid in full if you drop out. I had that happen though the school screwed my classes up and put me as a drop. I had a letter saying i had to pay 12,000 back by a months time.
    (question and answer of the day)

why put on this macho thing?

hello... why do you think they are the stronger species??? its the male ego. all have it. it's when they use it. lmao

hell and they wonder why there are so many lesbians today.

i think they all must of watched this movie in grade school while we watched that horrible "puberty movie" and theirs was "what to say to a girl....by men, for men"

oh and it's generally 6 months after you graduate that the payback starts.
    (question and answer of the day)

why put on this macho thing?

hello... why do you think they are the stronger species??? its the male ego. all have it. it's when they use it. lmao

hell and they wonder why there are so many lesbians today.

i think they all must of watched this movie in grade school while we watched that horrible "puberty movie" and theirs was "what to say to a girl....by men, for men"

Cool It Uni college thing. I dont think they have that in the Uk i dont think. Hope they do.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Don't think they do.

***UPDATE***

bleh - college is being put on hold - yet again... ****ing hell...

Turns out i have a shit load of court fees to pay and the custody battle has just really begun. Destine finally got a lawyer and he is saying all kinds of shit about me. Most of it lies. This means i am actually going to have to stand up and put up a fight with her ass. This is gonna consume all my resources for the next few months... mainly my money and time. So College is a no go atm.

*** END UPDATE ***

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast