+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mutual break up. Me and her are extremely devastated.

Mutual break up. Me and her are extremely devastated.

So here is the back story. I've been dating her for 5 months. I love this girl. But we have our religious differences. I am a not very religious person, but I'm Muslim and she is an extremely religious Christian.

So we are both 17. She is a senior in HS I'm a Junior. But anyway, she wants to be a missionary when she grows up but doesn't think we would ever end up together in the future. I hate hearing this. It hurts. But she says that because she wants to be a missionary and I can't help her in that goal. And we'd want our kids raised completely differently, etc.

So she went on a missionary trip to Peru for 10 days. She got back yesterday. She then told me she knew sh wanted to be on the missions field for sure. And ten asked what that meant for us. And basically by the end, we had agreed to break up.

But for some reason this time I didn't really beg for us to stay together.. She always kept telling me we wouldn't end up. We wouldn't be. But we were both completely in love. Just... realists so to speak.

But I am so confused. Even if it wasn't meant to be, and we wouldn't end up together, was it wrong to break up now? Or would it be a waste of time and we finished the inevitable early?

I can still turn back and date her again... but if knowing in the future we'd never really be married or anything, would it be a waste of time? Since this heartbreak would come right back?

Anyone?

If you know and are sure that there is no future between the two of you then there really is no point to continue. It's just prolonging the inevitable. Use this new free time that you got to find someone more compatible.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

go find someone else. she just wants your company that's all. i'm pretty sure you can do better and find someone who can atleast put the initiative into the relationship rather than failing it.

There's no need to give up for something like religion. You can make it work even with the differences if its really meant to be. You just have to focus on being understanding and avoiding the religious arguments.
    I put advertisements in my signature.