+ Follow This Topic

Thread: WTF is wrong w. me?

WTF is wrong w. me?

Lately, I have been thinking back to my younger years. I'm 17 now and lately I have been going through phase where I just won't stop. I don't give a shit what people think about me and I didn't in the times I look back to, but I can't figure out what is missing. I don't even know if this is the right section for this but I just really don't know why this is happening now. I'm not depressed anymore but certain shit triggers it. Songs, RANDOM things. Anyone?
    WOOOO

Man, that happened to me. Keep yourself busy with something new, don't let yourself be alone for too long. Be doing always doing something. It`s just temporary. The only thing thats making you depressed if that you are letting it happen.
    Watch it happen to other people, and eventually watch it happen to you.

LOL... 17.. younger years... Being 45 myself I can't help but chuckle.

Man.. what's your problem? You're still young.

If some shit happend in your childhood years, like child abuse or so, then maybe now it's time to deal with it, if required with help from a professional.

Otherwise, don't linger to much over it. We all occasionaly reflect on the past.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Actually, I remember this "phase"--its called being a late-teenager. Freshman year in college, I'd spend a lot of time listening to 60's 70's and 80's music sitting on my bed in the dorm room. In between, I was usually thinking about my "older" 21 year old GF who was a college athlete with thigh muscles that worked wonders.

Your hormones are raging. You are a young man. Don't worry, you'll become older and your mind will return to normal I promise.

I felt the same way after my first bf cheated on me when i was 17. i would constantly listen to the radio sitting on the floor putting together puzzles. The music distracted my one-track mind, but just like alcohol does, it was pushing my problems and emotions aside. of course to continue growing mentally you have to deal with those problems. If theres something bothering you you cant just keep avoiding it or it will continue to eat at you. If theres nothing you can think of that would be bothering you then its all in your head. In my highschool some kids would take antidepressants or say theyre bipolar when it was 100% in their heads. Placebos made them feel evened out what morons