Hi everyone!
This is my first proper post (except my little introduction!) so I hope you all have some quality pointers for me with this particular girl...
I am 28 and fairly confident. I am ok looking (although most of my girl mates say I am good looking), I have a good job and my own flat.
Anyway, I was out with some friends last Halloween at a local nightclub when I met this girl. We met early doors and swapped names etc and I remember thinking 'wow' - she was really pretty.
About 2 hours later (1 hour till closing) I bumped into her again. She had lost all of her friends and seemed happy to see me. We shared some drinks and had a dance - it was great. I am not overly proud of the next part cause it's not something I ever do, but she ended up coming back to mine (this decision was 100% mutual). We did sleep together but the next morning I made her breakfast and reassured her that I'd like to see her again. She seemed quite happy with that and gave me her number.
I couldn't wait and texted her later that day telling her that I'd had a great time last night and I hoped I could see her again.
She texted me back saying she'd had a nice time too but wasn't looking for anything 'heavy'. I got the impression she was just out of a relationship or had been treated pretty badly in the past. I just said that was cool and we'd speak soon.
So I texted her thru the week and she ended up coming over for dinner the following weekend. That, I think, was my first mistake - I should probably have taken her out? Less pressure on the situation that way. Ahhh, hindsight!
Anyway, she came over and we had chinese, watched a movie, shared a kiss then I walked her to her car. Looking back on it I was probably a bit too forward - so so stupid! After her telling me she wasn't looking for anything heavy I go and give her the heavy come-on!
Rather unsurprisingly she didn't text me for days and when I texted her she blew me off saying it wasn't what she was looking for at the moment.
The annoying thing is that I had built her up so much that when she came round that night I was mega nervous and so I probably did try too hard, but it was only cause I really liked her.
Since then I've bumped into her in the local club several times. We always talk and it's fine until I bring up the subject of maybe seeing her again or something. Funny thing is I know she likes me and anytime we do bump into each other she seems happy to see me. The thing I can't get my head round though is that she tells me I am 'too nice' to her. HOW can you be 'too nice' to a girl? Or does she mean too intense/forward?
Anyway, it's been nearly a year since we met and I still can't get over her. I've had plenty of girlfriends and crushes etc. but this girl is different - I'd do anything to show her that I am a fun and genuine guy - a side of me that she probably hasn't seen.
I want to tell her I messed up and it was because I was nervous.
I still have hope that we might get together because she added me on facebook today. I haven't sent her a message or anything yet (learned from past mistakes) but I guess she's still interested in me on some level so WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT?
I really believe I can still make something happen here, but I can't afford any more mistakes! Any advice (especially from girls) would be really appreciated! Thanks x